Author Topic: Glamorgan Record Office - school log books  (Read 1299 times)

Offline fisherj

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Glamorgan Record Office - school log books
« on: Friday 09 January 15 21:08 GMT (UK) »
I'd be very grateful if a kind person were able to access the school log books for Sully/Cadoxton/Barry that I understand are in the Glamorgan Record Office.

The reason for this is to check the names of a brother and sister who, in the 1901 census, are recorded as John Lewis aged 9 and Annie Lewis aged 5, living at 51 Lauria Street, Barry.  Both were born in Sully.  Parents Charles and Eliza Lewis.

The children have younger siblings born in 1898 and 1900, in Cadoxton.  So presumably the family lived there for a couple of years too.

Records show that James Lewis was baptised in Sully in 1891 and Amy Lewis, also in Sully, in 1896. 

I would like to find out, if possible, whether these children have been recorded incorrectly in the 1901 census as John and Annie.  The same household in 1911, having moved to Herefordshire, has no John, James, Annie nor Amy.  So that doesn't help me either!

The Glamorgan Record Office seems to have some school log books.  I would very much appreciate it if someone is able to look at these to see whether the names of pupils are recorded.  If the names James and Amy Lewis are there and no John and Annie Lewis, then that would help support my guess that their names were indeed written incorrectly in the 1901 census.

I appreciate that this is a "big ask"....

Many thanks for reading this anyway....
Woodmancote:  Hobbs; Davison
Bisley:  Fisher
Eastcombe:  Winstone
Chalford:  Lambert
Newent:  Bowkett
Llangurig: Owen; Jones
Llangurig & Bedlinog: Rees
Llanonn: Williams
Charfield:  Fowler; Selman
Olveston:  Fisher
Batheaston: Fisher
Andover, Hurstbourne, Woodcutt, Shinfield: Farmer & Tanner
Alresford: Sprangle; Hack
Martletwy & Llangwig:  Davies

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)