Author Topic: Another photo in Robert Herd's album  (Read 4658 times)

Offline aeanorman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Another photo in Robert Herd's album
« on: Saturday 10 January 15 06:15 GMT (UK) »
This photo was also in my great grandfather collection along with many more photos which sadly my grandmother threw away because she didn't know who they were. !! The couple behind the bride I know to be Thomas and Mary Herd and I have to assume either the bride or groom is a son, daughter or perhaps grandchild. Robert doesn't appear to be in this photo as far as I can make out. My hope is that another copy of this photo may have survived in another family and more faces will gain names.
Did family's have an order in which they tended to be placed in photos in those days such as brides family on one side and grooms on another or is that just wishful thinking on my part? The original is in a sepia tone but made the file to large to load so I have changed it to black and white.
Thanks
Anne
Herd/Fetterangus, Yeats/Fetterangus, Rutherford/Langlee Mains, Gibson/Stow

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Another photo in Robert Herd's album
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 January 15 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi is this Robert Herd related to the Forbes /Anderson Family Banchory Ternan

Offline aeanorman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 January 15 05:47 GMT (UK) »
Rosie, Robert had a sister born in 1854 named Ann Gall Herd who was thought to have married someone with the surname Anderson but that is all I know at this point about her or her husband and family.
Anne

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 January 15 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne and Rosie

Regarding Ann Galt Herd, she on some family trees as having married a George Anderson on 27 Oct 1874 in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand.

Ann Gall Anderson died it seems 24 May 1907, in Wright's Bush New Zealand. She showing as having been buried in St. John's cemetery in Southland New Zealand.

Is this the family of Thomas Herd and Mary Yeats as you have it? www.geni.com/people/Robert-Herd/6000000024930430520

What do you have on the rest of Robert's siblings?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aeanorman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Monica,
Thomas and Mary's children were
George Herd
Robert Herd
Alexander Jamieson Herd
Lachlan Herd
Ann Gall Herd
Mary Grant Herd
Thomas Herd
Isabella Cumming Herd
John Herd
George married and went to England as a police officer, Robert changed his surname and came to Australia (was an artist), Lachlan I believe died at about 22, Alexander married and stayed in the area of his birth, Ann and Mary I know very little about, Thomas married and went to Oregan, USA, Isabella married John Middleton and stayed in the area while John went to New Zealand .
I find it quite strange that all the girls had second names while only Alexander as far as I am aware was given a second name.
Thank you for all the help you have given me. Have followed your link to Geni and seems I may have found more of Alexander's family. So a big thank you
Anne

Offline RTD312

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm new to the site and realise this post was a wee while ago. I found your info through searching Easter Toux online ... my Dads Grannie was married there in 1899. She was the daughter of George Herd (the policeman who moved to England) I wondered if anyone had any more information regarding George who died 1st July 1877
I found census for 1881 and 1891 for his wife and children in Sunderland, County Durham but have no idea what happened.
Your information has confirmed my own search
Thank you
L

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm new to the site and realise this post was a wee while ago. I found your info through searching Easter Toux online ... my Dads Grannie was married there in 1899. She was the daughter of George Herd (the policeman who moved to England) I wondered if anyone had any more information regarding George who died 1st July 1877
I found census for 1881 and 1891 for his wife and children in Sunderland, County Durham but have no idea what happened.
Your information has confirmed my own search
Thank you
L

Linking this to your other post -

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=769753.new#new