Author Topic: Double death?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Double death?
« on: Sunday 11 January 15 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I notice that the death references for Dr John Evan Lewis Lloyd and his wife Kathleen Norah née Close are identical (1980, September quarter, Salisbury, vol 23, page 1819).

This makes me wonder if they were perhaps killed in a car accident?

The calendar of probate gives the date of death of both as 17 July 1980, and their address was Radnor House Street Road Glastonbury. He was 83 and she was 82, and he had been a schoolmaster at Blundells School.

Does anyone have access to any newspaper reports? Obituaries?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Double death?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 January 15 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 January 15 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline haydencoffin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 16:52 BST (UK) »
aunt Kath always said that Uncle Lloyd was a terrible driver and that he would kill them both some day, so much so that she carried her will and instructions for her funeral in the glovebox of the car (or so my mother said),  I kid you not. If I remember rightly they were both in the car, Lloyd was driving and pulled out into a major road without looking properly and was hit by another car. Lloyd was killed instantly but Kath got out of the car apparently unhurt. In fact she had a ruptured spleen and died later the same day.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 20:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I will send you a PM.

Offline haydencoffin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hope you found my rely to your other post on Lloyd