Author Topic: Advice needed on image please?  (Read 2772 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Advice needed on image please?
« on: Wednesday 14 January 15 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I have been working on a familytree for sometime and after a lot of digging I finally found a birth of one of their children but I cant find the rest. On the attached image there is the birth of William Heatlie (or Hallie) born 28 December 1803 to John Heatlie (Hallie) and Betty Knox, fantastic I thought, but underneath it says 'the rest of his former children are regulary inserted on page 67', even better BUT HOW DO I GET TO PAGE 67!!! I have tried different wildcard searches for their names on SP but it comes up with nothing. Also i haven't found a marriage for John Heatlie and Elizabeth/Betty Knox so not sure if they were married at all. If anyone has any advise on what to do, it would be appreciated.
Dawn

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed on image please?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Can't answer your query as to how to get to p 67!! But William's baptism is on familysearch.org
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT18-9L6

& if you search surname with no forename, father's name John & time span 1780 - 1804, in Scotland, there are several more Alexander 1796, Margaret 1794, Jean 1799
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ej0/

ADDED: They are all on film C11795-2.

Might the term 'former children' indicate they had all died before William's baptism?
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed on image please?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey
Thanks for that, yes they are the correct ones on familysearch and I have just found them on SP. Sometimes it just takes another pair of eyes. Also the image I have found has the number 67 faintly written in the corner. Thanks again.
Dawn  ;D