Author Topic: Imelda (Emalda) Edith Chivers  (Read 2507 times)

Offline othafa

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Imelda (Emalda) Edith Chivers
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have some information about Chivers abd Norton family that may clear thngs up a bit. Happy to share. I believe there was only 1 Chivers that Edith married but am reliably informed she also married a Moffat later as well as maybe having other reationships.
My father stayed with Imelda and her husband in Birmingham once when on leave to the UK from Kenya.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow that would be fantastic, I am really pleased that you are willing to share.  Imelda is my closest friend's mother and yes they did live in Birmingham.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ScoutMidlands

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I know that Edith Norton Chivers had lots of children and that one boy called Jimmy was born I think after Alfred - could he have been Jimmy Moffat? Moffat seems to be a Scottish clan name. I'm trying to put together some sort of timeline about Edith and this latest clue might be the missing link.Would be happy to share what I know.

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Having spoken to my friend I will try and get the photos out this weekend and see if I can scan or duplicate them and put them up here