Author Topic: Imelda (Emalda) Edith Chivers  (Read 5286 times)

Offline othafa

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Imelda (Emalda) Edith Chivers
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have some information about Chivers abd Norton family that may clear thngs up a bit. Happy to share. I believe there was only 1 Chivers that Edith married but am reliably informed she also married a Moffat later as well as maybe having other reationships.
My father stayed with Imelda and her husband in Birmingham once when on leave to the UK from Kenya.

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow that would be fantastic, I am really pleased that you are willing to share.  Imelda is my closest friend's mother and yes they did live in Birmingham.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline ScoutMidlands

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I know that Edith Norton Chivers had lots of children and that one boy called Jimmy was born I think after Alfred - could he have been Jimmy Moffat? Moffat seems to be a Scottish clan name. I'm trying to put together some sort of timeline about Edith and this latest clue might be the missing link.Would be happy to share what I know.

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Having spoken to my friend I will try and get the photos out this weekend and see if I can scan or duplicate them and put them up here

Offline AEW1961

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Edith Norton/Chivers married my dads uncle James Moffitt in Tanzania. They had 1 son James/Jimmy my dad's 1st cousin.
Not sure who is still active on this chat - or how to send a private message with my email.
Kind regards
Alison

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I always live in hope that I can sort out my friend's family for her.  Thank you for this information is helps to pad out her tree for her.

Offline james_stevens93

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 July 21 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm Imelda's grandson. James Edward Stevens, son of Edward James Stevens.

Edward 'Eddy' died in 2002 and Imelda died in 2003.

I'm on a similar search, I lost contact back in 2002 after my fathers funeral.

Offline james_stevens93

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 July 21 19:57 BST (UK) »
I want to flesh this out a little more. I'm originally from Birmingham, and the name she died with 'Stevens' goes back many generations in Birmingham and the surrounding counties.

I'm one of three of Edward's children. I'm the youngest from his relationship with my mother Cherie Susan French, the other two, Jonathan and Anthony from his one and only marriage to Christine Glynis Harper  who died in 2019.

I never met Edward Frank Stevens, my grandfather, he died two years before I arrived.

From what I remember of Imelda, who I called 'Nanny Millie', she was a warm well spoken woman. And she once came a holiday to Lanzarote with us. She wasn't keen, and argued with my father explaining how she didn't want to come.

I was too young at the time to pick up on family dynamics so I don't know if me losing contact after my father's funeral was by choice or I was simply never informed of her passing.

I'll see if I can dig out some pictures of her.

From what I know, there's plenty of families linked in with Imelda, plenty of 3rd and 4th cousins!