Author Topic: margaret davies 25/11/1885  (Read 1726 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
margaret davies 25/11/1885
« on: Saturday 17 January 15 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I have the above BC how can I get her baptism records, to see if she was given a middle name.
On her sisters BC it said Hannah Davies but on Hannah's WC she had a middle name, I have been searching for Margaret for many years but thinking if she had a middle name added later I may narrow down the search.
thank you

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: margaret davies 25/11/1885
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 January 15 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Denbigh baptisms are on FindMyPast you will have a few baptisms after that date to choose from.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 January 15 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Do you have her parents names you say you have been searching for her for years I assume you don't have her on census forms ....What is the full name of her sister

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 January 15 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie 17,I think I may have given the wrong impression when I said I had been searching a long while which I have , I have her in all the census up to 1901 and 1911 I have her in these two as well I think as she was a servant in both no concrete evidence as no family members to tie her too.
The reason I'm looking for her baptismal is if she had a middle name on that I could  perhaps find her marraige as I have no groom.
Her parents were Daniel and Emma Davies. I went in family search and there are a few Margaret Davies with middle names but no parents to see, it's all guess work :(((

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 January 15 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Its like finding a needle in a haystack with a name like Davies  ;D ;D ..Maybe some one will find her  :)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 January 15 16:59 GMT (UK) »
I know lol the rest of the family a nightmare there all called the same  Christain name, lol but I have managed to get back into the 1700s not bad with just a few lines from Dr Barnardo's,s in the 1980s.
Thank you for the reply :))))

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 January 15 17:06 GMT (UK) »
You have done well then to get as far back it's not to bad if they stayed in the same area  :) :)