Author Topic: John Hall buried at Dolefield, Mathon ?  (Read 4629 times)

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Hall buried at Dolefield, Mathon ?
« on: Sunday 18 January 15 12:01 GMT (UK) »
I am helping another friend with their FH and I have two request for information if anyone can help.
The friend shares my Laytons of Worcestershire family and his ancestor John Hall (1772 - 1849) born Mathon, owned property and land in that area.  He married Mary Layton (1771 - 1832).  He says John Hall was buried on his land at Dolefield, where there was a property called that as well.  Could this happen ?  Buried in unconsecrated ground ?  As far as he knows, there is no marker to the grave.

Also, as he owned property and land, there would surely be a Wil.  Can anyone advise how I can find that Will?   They had a daughter called Melina (1797 - 1878)  I am involved because the friend lives in Australia.   

Many thanks for any help and pointers.
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Hall buried at Dolefield, Mathon ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 January 15 13:38 GMT (UK) »
You can still be buried on land that you own.   My brother in law was recently buried in his own field.

If there is a will it should held at the Hive in Worcester ( http://e-services.worcestershire.gov.uk/CalmView/ ) and I can have a look when I next go into Worcester

Kay

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 January 15 13:44 GMT (UK) »
I (and my Australian friend) would be very grateful if you could obtain any information on a Will when you are next in Worcester. 

I am presuming that Mary Hall (nee Layton) would not have left a Will, being only a lowly woman ?  Well not while her husband was still alive anyway.  though I think the property and land in fact came through the wife's line.
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 January 15 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Kay, meant to also say thank you for the information about burial on own land, that it would have been possible, and not in a churchyard / cemetary.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 January 15 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Are there any other wills records that I can check for you are the same time?  Possibly later next week depending on the weather

Kay

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 January 15 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for the offer to look for more Layton Wills.   I had put some details of Layton Wills I would like in a word document for you but of course I realize now I cannot attach that !   I will scan it and send to you a bit later.

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 January 15 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Kay    -    I am sending details of possible Wills which might be found at Worcester.  I hope the format is OK - don't know how helpful it will be to you doing it this way.  Or even if it will transfer !

I am not expecting you to find Wills for all the folks on the list !    If you only manage to find details of John Hall's Will, that would be great.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 January 15 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Great - Will print the list and have a look

Kay

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 23 January 15 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Popped in today and whilst there were sadly no wills listed for John or Mary Hall I found the rest - with the exception of 1942 Harriett Layton Beard as the wills they have stop after 1928

If you sent me a pm with your email address I can send you copies of the wills

Kay