Author Topic: Margaret Foote  (Read 4491 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Foote
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 12:48 GMT (UK) »
This looks like it could be her but then did she stay in U.S. or return to the U.K., marry there or...

1 Oct.1924 “Samaria” arrived Boston, Mass. from Cobh & Queenstown, Ireland: Margaret Foote, age 27, domestic, born Ringaskiddy, mother Mary Foote of Ringaskiddy, going to brother Michael Foote of 188 Margnal St Boston, intending to stay permanently, 5’7 fair hair fair complexion blue eyes.

Do you have an exact date of birth as I may have found further details but need birthdate to confirm.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Foote
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Margaret is the daughter of Cornelius foote & Mary  various spellings etc !! I have the both 1901 /11 Irish census mine are from Kilmoney ,(Liscleary ,Cork .) a lot of what I have has been posted on the Cork forum
As for Dennis I  have wondered whether he is a relative but no success yet even though many names are similar to ours.
I am going on what a family member told me only in recent years that Margaret died in London & never married !! & money was left to some or all of her nephew & nieces , so I will double check to see if this was correct .
I would like to thank you ALL for your time and fantastic help !! what nice people you are I hope to be back in touch soon .
                                little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.