Author Topic: Searle or Rawlins Mitcham Common Funfair  (Read 7705 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Searle or Rawlins Mitcham Common Funfair
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 May 15 20:44 BST (UK) »
What a great find.

If Rollercoaster makes a couple more posts ( just say hello or similar a couple of times) then you can communicate by PM and swap emails - don't do it on the public board. Also don't mention names of anyone who may still be living, this is to protect people from spam.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rollercoaster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 May 15 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Emily did Thomas (your grandfather) have a half sister called Maud and a half brother called James both lived in Battersea? Not sure how this link works, only know that no names or email addresses must be given, must find out how to contact you. I do know that you have family still around the Merton area (like opposite the Bus Terminus!) I can remember your Grand dad getting on the bus every day on one of his long journeys or sometimes on his bike! chat soon

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 May 15 00:04 BST (UK) »
Click on the letter in the circle under Emily's name and that will take you to the Private Messaging. Or click on her name and then on send PM.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Orford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 21:26 GMT (UK) »
I am a Searle from Mitcham but I don't think we are related. There are still Searle's running funfair's in Hunstanton. I do have some info given to me by a fair person I will dig it out and post for you

Offline Jim Sawyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 September 19 22:22 BST (UK) »
WOW!!!!
Thomas William Searle (the one who married Rene) was my grandfather! And your uncle???
He and Rene had 5 children- including another Thomas (Edward) Searle who is my uncle- and an Alan Searle who is my father! We all still live in Merton.

I am keen to find out what ride my grandfather owned??
I would really appreciate pictures as I am losing my travelling family history.

I am trying to track down a relative who I think may be Emily Searle. My grandmother married a Willliam Searle before WW1, he was killed 1916/17, they had children Maud and Tom (who may be you grandfather). Her second marriage was to James Sawyer and they had James who would have been step brother to Tom and Maud. I am James's son. Tom married Rene and had children, two of whom were Tommy and Linda plus others. Are we related?

Offline Jim Sawyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 September 19 22:45 BST (UK) »
I am trying to track down a relative who I think may be Emily Searle. My grandmother married a Willliam Searle before WW1, he was killed 1916/17, they had children Maud and Tom (who may be you grandfather). Her second marriage was to James Sawyer and they had James who would have been step brother to Tom and Maud. I am James's son. Tom married Rene and had children, two of whom were Tommy and Linda plus others. Are we related?

Offline AdamN06

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 21:49 BST (UK) »
John and Eliza Searle are my 3x great grandparents. My Nan grew up on the fair until she was a young teen.

My Nan has many photographs of the family from the early 1900s on the fair.