Author Topic: Devereux family  (Read 11188 times)

Offline Sonja.B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Devereux family
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 November 17 21:28 GMT (UK) »
I am a Devereux from Liverpool (UK). I can trace my line for certain to Philip Devereux 1790 - mid 1850s. His wife was a Catherine Murphy and I think they came from Tagmahon Wexford.
There is a possible match with a William Devereux c1760.

Can anyone link with any of this?

Online Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Sonja.

There is a very tenuous link between that area of Suffolk, and Hereford, but I haven't yet worked it out properly.  The link, I think, is something to do with the Chandos Estates, as land was held by the Lords Brydges of Chandos Estates in both Suffolk and Hereford.  My maternal family were the Pearl(e) family and in the  16th and 17th centuries my Pearle ancestors were Parish Officers of Rattlesden in Suffolk.  Now, the only other place in England where there is any great evidence of the Pearle family is in Hereford, so I am assuming a link somewhere but have not established it yet.  Also, my mother's maiden name was Garnham, she came from Brettenham, but I have traced the family back to Gosbeck in 1541.  As far as I can see, I don't have any Devereaux in my family, but another coincidence here, because I now live in Wales, and there are several Devereaux in the village here!

Kind regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Diseree Garcia Robinson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 November 18 09:35 GMT (UK) »
My great grandparents ×2 were Delilah Emily (Willison) Devereux and William Devereux ,which born on Oct 30,1866 in Suffolk, England. Still looking for his other descendants.

Offline DWDG1951

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 March 21 14:20 GMT (UK) »
William and Delilah Devereux were my paternal Grandfather's Brother and Sister-in-Law.  My Grandfather was Maurice, William's younger brother.