Author Topic: Marrage John Mountgarret/t 1845 Templemore Ireland  (Read 7874 times)

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marrage John Mountgarret/t 1845 Templemore Ireland
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 January 15 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thankyou for this I couldn't find them before 1881 .. Only the Deaths of his Wife Elizabeth died 1868 Liverpool and son George  Died 1879 Liverpool Son William died 1867 Liverpool   and Daughter Elizabeth 1876 Liverpool  ..Frances Married a Thomas Robinson... Louisa Married.. Cecil Kirk and Ellen Married ..Edward Nickleson  Vickers all marriages I have found

I cannot Find John in the 1891 Census and am not sure when they came to Liverpool and with Ireland being so sparse unable to find Bapt dates or census of Ireland Information

Thankyou again for your help

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 January 15 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Going back to Londonderry for a moment......have you come across this post before?

My g-g- grandfather was John Mountgarrett, born 1821 in Kittybane, Glendermott, Derry, and baptised in the church there.
The baptism record shows the father as Warren Mountgarret, and the mother's maiden name. I don't know if they were married.
(When John married in 1845, he listed his father as "dead", although Warren didn't die until 1851.) Warren is listed as the father for another baptism in the same church a couple of years later than John's. Again the mother's maiden name is given, and it is different from John's mother's. It seems that Warren got around!

found at:

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=4527&p=localities.britisles.ireland.arm.general

It sounds like same John as you have and may be worth your while trying to make contact, especially as they seem to have had original baptism records checked.

This post, also by 'Sue' suggests John was illegitimate:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NIR-ARMAGH/2005-05/1116640441
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 January 15 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   There is a will for a Warren Mountgarrett in PRONI. See http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 January 15 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It sounds very much as this is part of my Mount garret family .. as there is a Tom/Thomas Robinson this if Frances mountgarretts Husband ..So it Looks like Warren Mountgarrett is Johns Father .I need to contact the Owner of the Post to clear up a Few things .. But it looks like I may have found a connection..

Many thanks for you help ,, this post is now complete

Regards

Iria 
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 25 January 15 22:56 GMT (UK) »
..So it Looks like Warren Mountgarrett is Johns Father .I need to contact the Owner of the Post to clear up a Few things .. But it looks like I may have found a connection..

Think you are being more than a bit premature in assuming that Warren Mountgarrett is the father of John.

The Will of Warren Mountgarrett late of Crumlin County Antrim Land Agent who died 2 April 1895 at same place was proved at Belfast by Sarah Isabella Mountgarrett of Crumlin Spinster one of the Executors.
The one mentioned here was only 42 years old when he died-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FT83-J4X
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 26 January 15 14:24 GMT (UK) »
It was the Warren Mountgarrett whose probate was listed in Londonderry in 1851 that was potentially the father, though.

A Warren Mountgarrett also had links with Londonderry in 1796:

www.failteromhat.com/flax/derry.htm

in Clondermot, which later became Glendermott.

Likewise in 1831:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1831/Londonderry/Tirkeeran/Clondermot/Kittybane/1/

thus the same townland mentioned in the baptism entry that has seemingly been viewed for John and is believed, by the person posting, to be the same John who married in 1845.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 January 15 14:52 GMT (UK) »
I was responding to the one mentioned in this post but from memory there was mention of Warren Mountgarrett in Londonderry Sentinel.
Hi,
   There is a will for a Warren Mountgarrett in PRONI. See http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

Regards
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 January 15 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thankyou for the Replys

So the Warren Mountgarrett in 1796 is More Likely to be Johns Father .. ? . as John was born between 1821 and 1823 Londonderry  .. if Warren at all is Johns Father .and who is Sarah Sharman on the 1831 Census ?

Regards

Iria .
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 26 January 15 17:29 GMT (UK) »
The 1831 Londonderry census would usually list the head of a household only, with other members included in numerical form.

Looking at the original, Warren and Sarah are bracketed, but why is unclear other than to possibly indicate that they are two heads of individual families, albeit in one property.  The other households in the townland only list one name against each property.

On Warren's line in the entry, including himself, there would seem to be 3 males and 1 female in the family and no servants.  On Sarah's line in the entry, including herself, there would seem to be 0 males and 2 females in the family and 1 female servant.