Author Topic: Looking for information on my famley their name is Azbraitis from Auchinleck hi  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Dennis Azbraitis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
    Hi I am looking for info on my family they are Lithuanin  from Auchlineck Ayrshire their name is        Azbraitis  info from 1900 onward my gran and grandfather lived at High House Row can anyone help  thank you for looking   

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on my famley their name is Azbraitis from Auchinleck hi
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 January 15 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Are you currently in Ayrshire!

Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on my famley their name is Azbraitis from Auchinleck hi
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 January 15 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello, and welcome to RootsChat!

If you haven't already done so, a good way to make surname connections with other members is to enter your surname interests in the Surname Interests Table (SIT), and to check there whether others are researching these names. 

This can be found at http://surname.rootschat.com/ , there is a link to it under "Your Tools" at the bottom of each Rootschat page.

The more people who enter their surnames, the more chance there will be of making a connection!

In the meantime, I will move this thread to the Ayrshire board ;)
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dennis Azbraitis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 January 15 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes I live in Mauchlin my father first name was Filex andi was told he worked in Highhouse Pit Auchinleck my gran and grandfather lived in Highhouse row thank you

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 January 15 09:30 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a PM (personal Message) you can view it by clicking the small green page icon.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 January 15 09:33 GMT (UK) »
A Felix Azbraitis, age 66, died 22 Feb.2009 at Kilmarnock. If this is your father, do you have his death certificate or other family certificates so that you can work through the records step by step to trace your family?

According to an online tree, Wincas (William) Azbraitis (c1884 Stevenston, Ayrshire-14 July 1950 Auchinleck, Ayrshire) was the son of Youzas & Onna Azbraitis and married Maria Wenksztenas. If that's accurate then the family should appear in several Scottish census records (1891, 1901, 1911) but the spelling of the surname might make them more difficult to find.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Dennis Azbraitis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 January 15 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for that Fielix was my brother i am wondering if vincas is a relation can enebody put light to that

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 January 15 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dennis

Scotlands People website has a number of Azbraitis listed.  I just did a general search of their statutory records which run from 1855-2013 and had the following results from Ayr(shire), (you could also try and narrow down the district and search on different year parameters if you want to):

Births - 15
Marriages - 6 for males 6 for females
Deaths - 12 (13 in total over the country)

If you haven't used the site before, you will need to buy credits to view both the result of searches and specific records.  It might give you some ideas on who to search for in census records too.

I bet that there will also be people who have been incorrectly transcribed.

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Good luck and let us know how you get on.  Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 January 15 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Wincas Azbraitis and Maria married 1910 Stevenston , Ayr and on Scotlands People you can view the actual certificate by purchasing credits.

As they appear to be the only couple with this surname in records at the time these 4 children would appear to be theirs:

Onna (Annie) 1911, Veronica 1912 (died 1912) , Antanas (Anthony) 1913 and Felix 1915 - plus a Joseph aged 0 died 1918.

To find Wincas and Maria on 1911 census they appear to have been transcribed as ABRAITES.

If Felix d.2009 was your brother then your father must have been either Felix b.1915 or Antanas b.1913.

Wincas would therefore be your grandfather.

A public tree on Ancestry states Wincas parents as Youzas Azbraitis and Onna Youdariccis  and wife Marias' as Jonas Wenksztenas and Onna Geleszunas - I would assume this information came from their marriage certificate for 1910.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk