Author Topic: WILSON Family, Hemingbrough  (Read 2947 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILSON Family, Hemingbrough
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 January 15 12:51 GMT (UK) »
That's interesting.  So that might mean that brothers married sisters  :-\  Shame that the witnesses don't have any connection - John Howdle and William Newham Hunt.

I'm still very intrigued as to where FS got those ages from.  I can't think of anywhere else that the ages could have been obtained other than the Marriage Bond, and I've double-checked the existence of a Marriage Bond, and it doesn't appear to have survived.  So  :-\ :-\
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Duncan Bennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 January 15 13:01 GMT (UK) »
That would mean the ages are then dubious. There is a George Webster, son of Joshua Webster who was baptised in Hemingbrough in 1791, and also a Jane Watson who married a Joshua Webster on 24 Jan 1786 in Wressell. If the 35 in 1802 is correct and these two Janes are the same person then she would be 19 at the time of her first marriage

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 January 15 15:25 GMT (UK) »
At last I found the marriage entry on FindMyPast - Joshua Webster of Hemingbrough and Jane Watson otp, married by Banns. 24 January 1786.  :)

There is a burial in Hemingbrough for Jos. Webster, farmer, died 20 April and buried 22 April 1793, aged 28 - lunetick
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 January 15 16:47 GMT (UK) »
The only burial at Hemingbrough prior to Mary's marriage in 1821 for Robert Wilson:

Farmer of Cliffe, aged 72 on 30 August 1816.

Entry in the BTs for Mary's baptism in 1802

Mary Wilson, daughter of Robert Wilson of Cliff, farmer and Jane.  Born 25 May, baptised 27 May 1802.

It would have been wonderful to have seen the parish register entry for this baptism - Hemingbrough parish was a follower of Reverend Dade, and at this period, the parish register would probably show the parents and grandparents of the child.  Unfortunately we only have the BT entry to consult on-line.   :'( :'(

I've had another look at the marriage entry for Mary and William Tate in 1821, and it does state that the marriage was "with consent of those by law required" which would imply that one or both of the parties was under 21.  None of the other entries on the page include this statement.

Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY