Author Topic: Amazing website with Needingworth parish registers!  (Read 3896 times)

Offline relatedtoturnips

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Amazing website with Needingworth parish registers!
« on: Monday 26 January 15 16:26 GMT (UK) »

Hi folks,

Let me tell you about a fantastic website I came accross when searching for my family history.

http://www.hcnhistory.org.uk/

Its a great resource for Holywell Cum Needingworth information. The best news is, it has Needingworth parish registers (transcriptions & images of the registers), completely free.

http://www.hcnhistory.org.uk/parish-registers/

Enjoy!

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing website with Needingworth parish registers!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 January 15 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi relatedtoturnips,

You're a star, I've been researching my late wife's tree and some of her ancestors came from H C N, so now I might be able to take that line further back.  8)

Thanks.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PeterC66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Fascinating!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing website with Needingworth parish registers!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi relatedtoturnips, and anyone else interested,

I am Peter Cooper, and the hcnhistory.org.uk website has been my hobby and work of passion.  I am so glad that you have found it useful - and I want to say a special thanks to Huntingdonshire Library and Archives and Holywell-cum-Needingworth PCC who have let me photograph and publish both the transcripts and images of the Parish Registers.

I am currently working on improving the transcripts, and relating the people of the PRs to those I know about already (censuses etc.). I hope to issue an update to the website, and the database of people it contains, within the next two months. If any of you would like to be on my mailing list for the occasional (3-4 times pa) note about an update, please just use the comment form on the website, or email me.

I have so much more to add to the website - I estimate that only 5% of what I have in my off-line database is on the website, and then there is so much more I want to find out about the village and its people.

If any of you have any images, stories, facts etc. relevant to Holywell-cum-Needingworth then do please let me know. I know I already have a pile of contributions that I still need to work through, but I shall get to them all eventually (as long as my health holds!).

Thanks for your interest.
Everyone with connections to Holywell-cum-Needingworth