Author Topic: Newcastle Library Newspaper look up request  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newcastle Library Newspaper look up request
« on: Tuesday 27 January 15 11:04 GMT (UK) »
The family I am looking at had 8 children and sadly 3 of them died very young. On a recent, rare, visit to the North East I found a death notice for one of these children who died aged just 6 months in 1921 but ran out of time to look for the other two.

Details are:

Lilian Joan HENRY, 34 First Street,  Gateshead. She was 15 months old when she died and was buried on 1st March 1924, so 'if' there is a death notice it would be a few days prior to that.

Muriel HENRY, same address as above. She was 16 months old when she died and was buried on 1st Feb 1926, again 'if' there is a death notice it would be a few days before that date.

If anyone has the time to look for 'either' of these and tell me the details I'd really appreciate it, their lives were so short and I'd like to get every little piece of info I can for them.

I do understand that two lookups is a big ask and may not be possible - I am well aware of the time it takes to look up even one :-)

Thanks

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Library Newspaper look up request
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 February 15 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tickettyboo

Sorry to report, but I've drawn a blank for both girls.  In each case I checked from the 20th of the previous month, & through to the 7th of the month of death & can't find a listing for either.  :(

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 February 15 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lady N :-)

Thank you for taking the time look for me, you've helped me before and its very much appreciated.

Pity there weren't notices for the deaths of the girls but, given the timeframe, maybe Dad was out of work and even the small amount for an announcement couldn't be spared.

At least I now know there 'wasn't' an announcement, I'll start saving for the death certs as they are now the only option for an exact death date (no date of death on the cemetery records).

Thanks again.

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 February 15 11:07 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome - would have taken me less time than it did if I didn't keep getting sidetracked by the old fashion adverts!

Lady N
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent