Author Topic: Marriage of Douglas CHRISTIE and Elspet Lemans ANDERSON  (Read 7652 times)

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Douglas CHRISTIE and Elspet Lemans ANDERSON
« on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

This couple were married in 1921 at Dunnottar. Does anyone know if there was any issue from the marriage. The parents of Douglas were James CHRISTIE and Marjory EDWARD, and the parents of Elspet were Robert ANDERSON and Mary Galloway LEES.
Douglas CHRISTIE was born 1893 at Cowie and Elspet L. ANDERSON was born 1897 at Stonehaven.

Regards,
Margaret103

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Douglas CHRISTIE and Elspet Lemans ANDERSON
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 January 15 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Margaret. 

As it is entirely possible that issue from this marriage could still be alive (my mama-in-law is 94), I don't think people will post information in the public domain.  Is there any way you can check old Electorial Registers starting with the place they were married/first lived?
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 January 15 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lydiaann,

Thanks for the reply, but as I live in the Channel Islands it is not possible to get up to Edinburgh.
Do you think that the electoral registers would be online?

Regards,

Margaret103

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 January 15 20:50 GMT (UK) »
They are not unfortunately  :-\

Margaret, have you followed through to try and check for the deaths of Douglas CHRISTIE and Elspet Lemans ANDERSON? Sometimes you get a new clue from the name of the informant to a parent's death on the registration.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk the official pay to view site for Scotland, lets you view for married women's deaths with both their maiden surname and married surname. The only entry I can see is for:

Elsie Anderson/Christie died in 1965, aged 63 in Aberdeen.

You are one year away from being able to view this online due to privacy rules for online certs, currently 50 years for deaths in Scotland.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 January 15 20:54 GMT (UK) »
As Lydiaann mentions, you are in a period where due to data protection and privacy of living people, it gets so hard to search for details online.

Just for info, this is what you are currently able to view online on Scotlands People and what need to be ordered due to cut offs www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=554&413

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 31 January 15 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Monica,

Thanks for the info......I did not think of the name of Elsie, must have my blindfold on!

Margaret

Offline lynnungarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret,
Just curious to know if you found further information on this couple.  Elsie Lemans ANDERSON was my grandmother's (Jane Melville ANDERSON) first cousin.  Although I don't have anything on Elsie and Douglas' possible children, I do have quite a bit of information on Elsie's family, as well as several photos of her (including one of her brother and sister) that were in my grandmother's collection.   My grandmother was the daughter of Alexander Melville ANDERSON and Elsie was the daughter of Alexander's brother, Robert. Both brothers were born in Cellardyke, Fife.  Elsie's mother, Mary Galloway LEES also has a connection to my grandfather, David LEES,who was born in Stonehaven. Both my grandparents immigrated to Alberta, Canada - David in 1912 and Jane in 1926.  Can you tell me know how you are connected to this couple?  Let me know if you are interested.
Kind regards, Lynn
FIFE: Anderson, Melville, Watson, Smith, Black, Gay, Lees.  KINCARDINE: Lees, Craig, McKechnie, Adam, Christie, Wood, Moir. Also, Anderson of PERTH, McKechnie of ARGYLL.

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn,
Thanks for your message.
Elspet Lemans ANDERSON is my 3 cousin 1  x removed.
Her parents - Robert ANDERSON and Mary Galloway LEES.
Mary's parents were Alexander LEES and Mary MELVILLE.
Alexander LEES parents were Alexander LEES and Janet MILNE, (GG Aunt).
Janet's parents were James MILNE and Janet BLAIR GGG Grandparents.
My email is cwrhc at hotmail dot com  if you want to contact me direct. I can send you a detailed report if you want.
Regards,
Margaret

Offline lynnungarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 July 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
Wonderful to hear from you Margaret.
Of course, Elsie ANDERSON is my first cousin 2 x removed. The LEES, MELVILLE and ANDERSON families are quite inter-twined.  I am on a quest to located living descendants on the LEES side; to help me put names to the faces in all the old photos we have found.  It is very likely that we have much to share.
My husband and I are leaving on a short trip this morning.  If you can bear with me until I return, I will send you an email and then we can get into it.
Best regards
Lynn
FIFE: Anderson, Melville, Watson, Smith, Black, Gay, Lees.  KINCARDINE: Lees, Craig, McKechnie, Adam, Christie, Wood, Moir. Also, Anderson of PERTH, McKechnie of ARGYLL.