Author Topic: peg leg parker and her family.  (Read 2580 times)

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
peg leg parker and her family.
« on: Thursday 29 January 15 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I wander if someone might be able to help me with my parker brick wall. I know my 3 xgg was margaret "peg leg" parker. peg leg died in 1907 in stotfold, beds she drowned in a ditch. I have the inquest report from the local paper if anyone would like to see it and it is allowed to post paper articles on here. Her death cert says she was 80 yrs old, im not sure about that.
I have the following children for peg and an unknown partner.
Solomon parker aka loveridge bn 1867-1932, his partner was florabella Loveridge (daughter of Henry Loveridge and Sarah Smith, also parents of my great grandad stevie, they are another mystery couple)
Lena. could be selina. i know nothing at all about her.
Eliza 1872-1961 (my 2xgg) partner of Israel Loveridge. (there daughter lavinia was my great gran)
Mariah 1876-1965. Partner of John Loveridge (son of Thomas Loveridge and Susan Parker)
Leonard Parker 1878-1961. Partner of Lemontina Draper (daughter of Nelson parker/Israel Draper and Naomi smith).
Fanny Parker, (newly discovered) cant find a birth or death. She partnered Joseph smith and had 4 sons one of which Edward parker was bn in 1912 in hampshire.

I can not find anymore info about them. Im sure there must be more children for peg leg, if she was born around 1835 she would have been what 33 when she had solomon, he couldnt have been her first child. I can not find any of them in the census record or baptism records for the children. I have my eliza's birth certifcate and intend to get solomon's. According to the inquest report she was sometimes known as peggy smith, so i have looked for the family as smiths but no luck. I have tried and tried to find more on them but they are proving very elusive. Most of them were born in Bedfordshire. They travelled around the beds,Herts, Essex, Suffolk and Bucks areas. If anyone can find anything anything at all i would be very greatful.
Thanks so much Tracey
peg leg Parker
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire

Offline zlmead92

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: peg leg parker and her family.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 April 17 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hello! (Very new to the forum - as in literally just registered so please excuse me if I do anything wrong!)
I'm trying to trace my family and ancestry too, and have too hit a brick wall with the Parkers!
My paternal grandfather was William Hubert Mead (1939-1998) and his parents were John William "Poppa" Mead and Lavinia Mead néé Parker / Loveridge - it's amazing to find someone else trying to search them too! It has been a bit of a struggle to research some of them as they certainly did seem to move about a bit! Is the photo of the "Peg Leg" lady? Any more information would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou :) xx
Any info on these families would be fab! Thankyou!
- MEAD from Dunstable, Markyate, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire...
- LOVERIDGE / PARKER from Herts, Beds and Bucks & Essex...
- SHELTON possibly from Lincolnshire?...
- JEREMY from Gloucestershire?...
- JEFCOATE from Herts, Beds & Bucks...

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 April 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hello zlmead you are my cousin then. Lavinia was my great gran, her daughter Peggy was my gran. The lady in the photo is our granny peg leg. Lavinia was her granddaughter. I do know a little more about Peggy and her partner than when i first posted this. I will pm you my email and then i can happily tell you what more i know. I dont know so much about uncle Sonny only what my mum has told me. Maybe your parent remembers my mum Betty.
Tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire

Offline zlmead92

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 April 17 22:55 BST (UK) »
Haha, hello! 😍😍
That's amazing, thank you ever so much for replying to me! Will send you an email now! And your mum is the infamous Betty? (I only say infamous as my dad doesn't seem to know anything much about the sisters, especially her!)
Thankyou again for getting in touch, I'm so excited! Xx
Any info on these families would be fab! Thankyou!
- MEAD from Dunstable, Markyate, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire...
- LOVERIDGE / PARKER from Herts, Beds and Bucks & Essex...
- SHELTON possibly from Lincolnshire?...
- JEREMY from Gloucestershire?...
- JEFCOATE from Herts, Beds & Bucks...