Author Topic: Gourdon lownie 1891 census records missing  (Read 3087 times)

Offline moirlownie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gourdon lownie 1891 census records missing
« on: Friday 30 January 15 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I cannot find all my Gourdon Lownie ancestors on the 1891 census. I have just realised those records appear to be missing. A search for surname Lownie in Bervie gives totals 1871-22, 1881-30, 1891-6, 1901-35. A count on the family tree indicates that in 1891 there were approx. 32 Lownies in Gourdon not 6. I checked 2 other Gourdon families over the 4 census. Moir 17,47,35,39 and Mowatt 53,76,106,94 and they seem to be correct. Any ideas? I've tried fuzzy matching etc and that only adds in Cowie, Lourie and logie. Any ideas? Thanks Jon   
HACKETT Walesby/Tealby Lincs Reading/ Berks Middx. BOLTON Melmerby Yorks. TUCK, BELL Lambeth/Surrey MARSH City of London LOTT ms TURNBULL Lambeth STEWART, MACKAY Wick Caithness LOWNIE & MOIR Gourdon Kincardine *Please note I am in different time zone to UK

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Gourdon lownie 1891 census records missing
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 January 15 23:56 GMT (UK) »
If you post the full details of the particular Lownie family you are looking for we can try to help
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline moirlownie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gourdon lownie 1891 census records missing
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 January 15 00:51 GMT (UK) »
All of the 9 Lownie families I am aware of in Gourdon in 1891 are descendants of my GG grandparents Alexander Lownie b1806 Ann Gowans b1807. The family I am most interested in are his son Alexander Lownie b1845 and Mary Moir b1847. Their children being Andrew, Alexander, Ann, James, Margaret, Jemima and John all born prior to 1891. John Lownie b1888 being my Grandfather. I have all the tree complete but wonder why only 1 out of 9 families are available in the 1891 census. ** note I am in a different time zone to UK. Thanks Jon
HACKETT Walesby/Tealby Lincs Reading/ Berks Middx. BOLTON Melmerby Yorks. TUCK, BELL Lambeth/Surrey MARSH City of London LOTT ms TURNBULL Lambeth STEWART, MACKAY Wick Caithness LOWNIE & MOIR Gourdon Kincardine *Please note I am in different time zone to UK