Author Topic: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement  (Read 10370 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 05 February 15 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Heywood, i quite agree with you that there is a deal of later census information re Charlotte's siblings and, because they do not seem to appear together in 1841 or 1851 I suspect they are employed separately by then.

David, there is more than one public tree however some of the info is not borne out from the records I have seen - some discrepancies are minor eg the place of residence at the baptisms of these children is given as "Victoria St" while the baptism register image clearly shows "Victory St". (As an aside Victoria  was only born in 1819 so it's hardly likely that a street had already been named for her - much more likely that the street in a naval dockyard area was named for the ship Vicotry, or for victory in another war.)  However there are others which don't seem to fit at all.

And there is still the difficulty with the birth of Charlotte (4 Nov 1820), and the birth of George Bingle (10 July 1821) being only 8 months apart if the records are correct - just possible, I suppose  :-\  Also Charlotte's mother's name being recorded just as "Mary"; however if George Bingle is a sibling then Mary would have been heavily pregnant at the time of Charlotte's baptism so she may not even been present.

What a bore - have to stop and cook dinner  :(  Will have another hunt tomorrow!
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 February 15 08:09 GMT (UK) »
not what ur looking for but in the 1851 census George Bingle Clements oldest two children  William and Mary are listed with a Mary Stephens and shows as being Nephew and Niece to head of house that being Mary - so that marriage that was found for him could be the one
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 February 15 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Winston, where are these children in 1851?

It's possible that, with the men of this family involved in sea-faring occupations that they were possibly not in UK at censuses.

And, of course the perennial difficulties caused by using the same forenames in various branches of the families.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 05 February 15 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Judith,
The children are born and living in Southampton.

In the published family trees mentioned earlier, Charlotte's parents are named as William Clement and Mary Gregory.
One tree shows George Bingle's mother as Mary Ann Pritchard - no supporting evidence. There is however a marriage for this couple in 1804 - witness Lenard Clement.  ( a child William John Leonard was mentioned earlier)

Laura C is a witness to Charlotte's marriage - implies that they are related.
Charlotte's father, William us described as a clerk at that time.

However, Laura later describes her father as a Shipwright.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 05 February 15 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Searhinch hard

couple of other names come up so trying to track THROUGH THEM

Mary Eliza Puckey Clement
Wm. John Leonard Clement
Henry Thos. Clement
Edward Bradley Clement
Susannah Fowler Clement
Sarah Ann Clement
Margaret Clement
CHARLOTTE CLEMENTINA 1820 (mine)
George Bingle Clement
Harriet Jane Clement
Laura Betsey Clement

This family is causing me a little grief as I can't work out whats going on

possible mariage William Clement to Mary Ann Pritchad C 1805

This perhaps adds nothing except more work and confusion  :-\

Looking at the middle names above.

Puckey

John Puckey is a shipwright in Deptford. He dies 1789 - there is a will but very hard to read.
Mary Puckey dies 1805.

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 05 February 15 20:25 GMT (UK) »
I am totally confused now....

from Judith's research looks like Charlotte's father is recorded as a Shipwright  as well

so the ? for me is is it two different families both with William and Mary Ann?  or William and Mary

Would it possible to find Charlotte's death record in Australia to see if her mother's name is recorded...

She died 28 October 1883   Dunolly Victoria Australia....

to add to my confusion I now have a few more children try and fit into the picture but they look like family name is "Clemens"   but then again Geoge Bingle gets "Clemens"on one record I found so the mystery continues...

Mary Ann 4 Apr 1813,
Elizabeth 19 Jun 1814,
Eliza 22 Mar 1818,
Marian 27 Sep 1819,
Charlotte Clementine 2 May 1821 - 24 Oct 1883,
Sarah Jane 23 Mar 1823

Cheran  ??? ???

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 05 February 15 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have seen those earlier children and looks to be the same parents.

As I said earlier, Laura was a witness to Charlotte's marriage which links them.
You have the addresses at baptism which links the children.

I don't know about judb's research but Charlotte's father is a clerk on her marriage but a shipwright on baptism.

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 05 February 15 23:43 GMT (UK) »

I looked up Charlotte's death.....  Parents are unknown so thats no help but Go the burial date at least...

::)   Cheran

Offline Gillum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 February 15 20:17 GMT (UK) »
I believe there are two William Clement families one based mainly in Deptford and the other in Shoreditch.

The following are children I found on Ancestry records BMD,s UK including Parish
All recorded at St Paul Deptford with Father William Clement and Mother Mary Ann
Eliza Ann, b. 1801, bap 24 May 1824 (No mistake, and no Father shown. Index Record)
Mary Eliza Puckey b.13 May 1805, bap 3 Jun 1805 (Index record)
William John Leonard bap 1 Sept 1806 Butt Lane Parish Record - (b. 11 Aug 1806 Index Record)
Edward Bradley bap 27 Jan 1811 Butt Lane Parish Record - (b. 20 Aug 1810 Index Record)
Susanna Fowler bap 28 Feb 1813 Charles St, Parish Record - (b. 28 Jan 1813 Index Record)
Sarah Ann bap 16 July 1815 Victory St, Parish Record - (b. 5 June 1815 Index Record)
Margaret bap 7 Sept 1817 Victory St, Parish Record - (b. 7 Aug 1817 Index Record)
George Bingle bap 1 Aug 1821 Victory St, Parish Record - (b. 18 July 1821 Index Record)
Charlotte Christina bap 2 May 1821 b. 4 Nov 1820 Victory St, Parish Record
Harriet Jane bap 23 July 1823 Victory St, Parish Record - (b. 28 June 1823 Index Record)
Laura Betsy bap 11 May 1826 b. 12 June 1826 Index Record

All Records at St Leonards Shoreditch Father William Clement Mother Mary
Ann bap 18 Mar 1804 b. 15 Feb 1804 of Haggerstons Index Record
Sarah bap 2 Sept 1806 b. 1 Oct 1806 died 20 Nov 1806 Index Record
Richard bap 12 Jan 1808 b 17 Dec 1807 Haggerstons Parish Record
Thomas bap 22 Dec 1810 Sept 1810 b 6 Sept 1810 Haggerstons Parish Record
The following mostly from Index Records Still Willam and Mary Shoreditch
Emma 10 Dec 1812
Richard 25 Jan 1813
Mary 9 Nov 1814
James 10 Aug 1817 (William and Mary St Nicholas Deptford Index Record)
William 10 Aug 1817 (William and Mary St Nicholas Deptford Index Record)

I plumb for Deptford due to Charlotte birth etc.  I agree with Wife of William as Mary Ann Prichard. A lot of this agees with others. But still muddy.

Will now try to uncover marriages and then Census records

David

David