Author Topic: Looking for help to trace John James MacDonald of PEI Lot 45 back to Scotland.  (Read 1923 times)

Offline pmacdonald48

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for help to trace John James M*cDonald of PEI Lot 45 back to Scotland.  He was born ~1818 and died 20-Mar-1872.  He is buried in St. Margaret's Pioneer Cemetary.      John James was married Sarah M*cPhee, born 2-Feb-1833 and died in 1892.  I have told they were married 30-Mar-1856 in Souris. 

Their children were:

Neil Jerome M*cDonald
1857 –

Mary Ann M*cDonald
1859 –

James Bennett M*cDonald
1862 –

James Joseph M*cDonald
1863 –

Jane Pauline M*cDonald
1864 –

Donald Aeneas M*cDonald
1867 – 1936

Teresa M*cDonald
1869 –

Mary Ann Hernietta M*cDonald
1873 –

John James father was also a John married to a Sarah M*cEachern.  I have no idea which John came over from Scotland.

Thanks for any help.

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help to trace John James MacDonald of PEI Lot 45 back to Scotland.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 February 15 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Good morning,

Im am not that familar with PEI genealogy, but I did find a couple sites you may want to check out and contact. I have had some good luck with getting info from cemetery administrator about my ancestors. You may find passenger info on the PEI archive site.

http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=13172
http://www.gov.pe.ca/archives/index.php3?number=1022488&lang=E

Hope this helps,

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help to trace John James MacDonald of PEI Lot 45 back to Scotland.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 February 15 22:57 GMT (UK) »
PM,  I assume by the names that these MacDonalds are Catholic? that would narrow the search area somewhat, South Uist rather than Skye for example,  but it won't be easy with such a common name.

Skoosh.

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 March 15 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Best PEI gen website I have seen so far is http://www.islandregister.com/ Lots to explore there! Be sure to check out their query board. My mother-in-law was PEI born with connections to WALSH GILLIS THOMAS EDWARDS NICHOLSON there.

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull