Author Topic: Dundee - Trades Lane Calender Works  (Read 4948 times)

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
Re: Dundee - Trades Lane Calender Works
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 February 15 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Monica and Malkie....I'm on the final leg of the Fullertons and Cochranes and wondering if I could have your opinion on the attached clip from 1883 regarding Alexander's son William (Jessie's 'hubby').  I think in Victorian Dundee this type of tribute is unusual I'd like to say exceptional for a working class man. Or do you think that's over the top?
Jen

PS Monica - send cake and sympathy I'm about to tackle the Coutts and the Christies - oh and should mention am now in the possession of a scanned picture of James Christie's daughters. :o
PPS - I'd forgotten all about the link between Grace Darling and Dundee - "Haunted Dundee" what a find woman  :) :) :)
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Dundee - Trades Lane Calender Works
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 February 15 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Jen, that death notice for me make me think, like you likely are thinking too, that William Fullerton was obviously a special man  :) Regardless of his position in life, he was obviously regarded in high esteem.

Also...sending virtual cake and much energy your way. Looking forward to hearing about your research on the Coutts and the Christies  ::) ;)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk