Author Topic: Andrew Walker born 17/2/1872 Kilwinning Ayrshire  (Read 2356 times)

Offline amandar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew Walker born 17/2/1872 Kilwinning Ayrshire
« on: Wednesday 04 February 15 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is a bit of a strange request.  I have a Andrew Gordon on my tree born 18th of January 1870 in Aberdeen  parents William Walker and Mary Bruce , Andrew  G Walker  Died age 66 in 1936 in Pontefract which is the correct  and age tallies with birth date.  Think I will send for birth certificate once I have the reference number required to confirm info found on familysearch and BMD site

Someone  as Andrew Walker with parents being William Walker and a Jane Wylie Rodger, doesn't say his middle name of Gordon and born  17/2/1872 Kilwinning. However his age would only be 64 at death.  I am sure in 1936 the age of 66 would be correct.  Could someone check if  this one was a Andrew Gordon Walker?

Many Thanks
James, Smith, Walker, Tallett, Randall, Edwards,Mason,Hardiman,Terrey

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Walker born 17/2/1872 Kilwinning Ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 February 15 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Think I will send for birth certificate once I have the reference number required to confirm info found on familysearch and BMD site

Scottish births are on the Scotlands People website which is pay per view via purchase of credits

You can download the birth certs for those periods

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 February 15 11:47 GMT (UK) »
On Scotland's People there were 35 Andrew Walkers born 1870 - 1872, but only one Andrew Gordon Walker and he was born in 1870. 30 credits will cost you £7, if you use the site wisely you will get about 5 BMD records.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 February 15 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi amandar

Have you at least confirmed a father's name for Andrew? Ages at death are not always correct. What do you have on the Andrew on your tree to help you and us firm things up for him?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amandar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 July 15 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Andrew Gordon Walker married Mary Turner Alton in Elescar Barnsley reg Sept 1894.  Fathers name William Walker.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 July 15 17:12 BST (UK) »
Did you download his birth cert from the SP website?  What was his mothers name/maiden name?  What was his fathers occupation on the birth cert?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 July 15 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Amandar and Carole

Amandar, been a little while...good that you have more info.

Adding this older original post here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=700505.0

Also, lots of other info here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=701027.0 and www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=701721.0

Don't be distracted by other people's research. Great though if you find someone along the way who has documented part of it though  ;) Sometimes people take short cuts and add details to their tree that have not been confirmed and verified via documents. You need to work of key documents to be sure you have the right line for you. Easy with common names to go down wrong lines...

Andrew Gordon Walker married Mary Turner Alton in Elescar Barnsley reg Sept 1894.  Fathers name William Walker.

Great. What was the occupation showing there for father William? This will help you link back to Scottish birth and early censuses for him.

Have you got Andrew and Mary's 1911 census entry by now? As has been mentioned in the other post, how so awful. So many lost children  :'(

His birth place from 1911 is key to you. Let's you ignore the Ayrshire info I would say...

Looking in unison at all the previous posts, you have quite a big picture there really for your Andrew already  ;)

Monica

Offline amandar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Andrew Gordon Walker on family search Father William Walker and mother Mary Bruce. Andrew born 18th January 1870 St Nicholas Aberdeen. Haven't got any more infomation on William or Mary Bruce

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 17:54 BST (UK) »
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=701027.0  This is one of the posts I linked above, deal with a lot of info on William and wife Mary (Bruce). To go back now you need to buy & view the image online on Scotlands People as has been suggested already. Have you done this? This will help you work back, confirming the parents of father William and mother Mary Bruce as their parents' full names will be included on the 1865 marriage that was mentioned before.

Monica  :)