Author Topic: Michael Buckland of Tibshelf 1600s  (Read 3847 times)

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Buckland of Tibshelf 1600s
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 February 15 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Carol, I really appreciate it.

I sort of suspect they might be the same person. Only one child seems to be born from the marriage of Michael Buckland and Joyce Hawksley. I think it may have been a second marriage for Joyce as there is a Robert and Joyce Hawksley who have children from 1698 to 1714 in North Wingfield (the first couple are before mother's names were recorded) with a burial of a Robert Hawksley in 1715. So I suspected it may have also been a second marriage for Michael Buckland.

There is the baptism of Michael Buckland, son of the Michael Buckland we've been discussing, in 1693, but he seems too young if I'm right about it being a second marriage for Joyce. As far as Michael Bucklands go, that only leaves his father as far as the online sources I have access to go.

There is a burial of a Joyce Buckland in 1788 in Tibshelf on the National Burial Index but that could be the burial of the Joyce Belfit who married Thomas Buckland in Whittington in 1761.

I can't really prove any of that but it seems like the most likely story. Are you sceptical? Would be very interested in your view as someone who is a lot better at this than I am.

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 February 15 11:37 GMT (UK) »
I've just realised that if William had Michael in 1655 he might not be the William baptised in 1642. I think I've read that the Tibshelf registers only begin in 1627 so if he had his first child in 1639 he might not appear there.

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 February 15 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes the Joyce Buckland buried in 1788 was the wife of Thomas

22.11. 1788 Joyce Buckland wife of Thomas

There are also these two burials at North Wingfield

18.4.1724 Joyce Buckland wife of Michael, Stretton
14.10.1749 Michael Buckland , Smithy Moor

This Michael may have married again after Joyce's death as there are 9 children baptised to Michael & Mary from 1729 -1749.  I can't see a marriage on the NW CD

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 February 15 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Carol, much appreciated.