Author Topic: Alexander Mackenzie, Margaret MacDonald, pos . Dingwall, 1790.  (Read 4209 times)

Offline tmack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Mackenzie, Margaret MacDonald, pos . Dingwall, 1790.
« on: Friday 13 February 15 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Need help trying to comfirm my  GGGGGrandmother's name . Some sites have her marrying alexander in1790 as Macdonald , but here in Nova Scotia I found three refences naming her Margaret Dingwall. They are from Dingwall Or Kiltearn. Alexander was born in 1769 and they moved to N.S. in the year 1803 onboard "The Favorate" . they had six childern , Murdoch "Buchan" , Roderick, my line, Colin,John,Alexander,and Barbara.They are said to come with Alexanders half brother Murdoch "Murdo" Mackenzie ,born 1757, his wife Janet and Daughter Ellen. I have found all graves ex. Margaret ,John and Barbara's. Alexander died in the year 1819 at Four Mile Brook N.S. Canada. The name "Buchan" was carried on for two more generations on Murdoch"Buchan's" side. I see some sites having Alexander and "Murdo"father as Dan Murdoch Mackenzie b.1735. I know its a long shot, "thanks for reading".

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Mackenzie, Margaret MacDonald, pos . Dingwall, 1790.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 February 15 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Searching 1785-1795 Scot's People has this:

15/01/1790 MACKENZIE ALEXANDER   MARGARET MACDONALD/   M   KILTEARN/ROSS AND CROMARTY 070/00 0010 0374

There is no "Alexander" Mackenzie/McKenzie and "Margaret" Dingwall marriages.  That doesn't mean their wasn't one, only that there is no surviving record to prove that there was.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 February 15 11:42 GMT (UK) »
tmack,  Dan was probably Donald.

Skoosh.

Offline tmack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 February 15 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks guys, newbie here , started this addiction back in May.