Author Topic: Matthew Bailey's Marriage and Death records (between 1838 and 1877)  (Read 12025 times)

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Matthew Bailey's Marriage and Death records (between 1838 and 1877)
« on: Friday 13 February 15 02:45 GMT (UK) »
I would like to establish the marriage and death records of Matthew Bailey (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/50192895/person/28205807353).

I have already ordered 10 certificates of other family members, but Matthew and his daughter Jane (nee Bailey) Whitehead (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/50192895/person/20310416583) are eluding me somewhat.

I assume Matthew was born around 1835 (~twenty years before his daughter's birth in 1855).  This would be before the 1838 birth registries.

I also know he died before 1877, from his daughter's marriage certificate, stating he was deceased..

His daughter has conflicting locations for her birth, though married in Wharfe, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom in 1877 and resided in Ilkley in 1891.

Can anyone figure out with this information where and/or when Matthew Bailey was married, and where and/or when he passed away?

Thanks for the help,
Robert

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Bailey's Marriage and Death records (between 1838 and 1877)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 February 15 04:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert still looking for you, but to help others out is this the 1891 you found:-

Jane Whitehead Head b 1855 Sunderland
Christopher b 1877
Lily b 1881
Samuel b 1883
RG12/3828/19/31

In 1881 Christopher aged 3 is with his Grandparents on RG11/4336/127/33
In 1881 John aged 25 occ Plasterer b Leeds Jane 27 b Darlington Lilley 6 months
RG11/4327/62/42
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 February 15 04:18 GMT (UK) »

Yes. That's the family.  Thanks.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 February 15 05:42 GMT (UK) »
Just to make sure folks donīt go off focussing on Whiteheads here, it is Janeīs ancestors that we are looking for on this thread. Her maiden name was Bailey.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 February 15 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all the only one with a chance I could locate was the illegitimate daughter ( along with others) b c 1852 Stockton, mother Jane, not one with a father Matthew?
Keyboard86

PS the Whitehead family are in the USA by 1901

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 February 15 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi all the only one with a chance I could locate was the illegitimate daughter ( along with others) b c 1852 Stockton, mother Jane, not one with a father Matthew?
Keyboard86

PS the Whitehead family are in the USA by 1901

What do you mean by illegitimate?  Her step father may have been Robert Rennison; http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=709137.0

Thanks,
Robert

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 February 15 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert, once again I have to ask another original poster why did you not either link this thread or provide information as to your knowledge of a possible Jane with mother Jane & siblings, I have spent a great deal of time trying to locate a Matthew and Jane in the Durham area, it is so disheartening to find all my efforts have been duplicated elsewhere  :)
Keyboard86

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 February 15 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert, once again I have to ask another original poster why did you not either link this thread or provide information as to your knowledge of a possible Jane with mother Jane & siblings, I have spent a great deal of time trying to locate a Matthew and Jane in the Durham area, it is so disheartening to find all my efforts have been duplicated elsewhere  :)
Keyboard86

Hello Keyboard86, I'm sorry about the duplicate effort, but for what it's worth, I read every post over and over again, I appreciate all of your help.  I've been stuck on Jane as a brick wall for the longest time.  I stepped aside from her for a little bit and probably should've added more to the other thread, then creating a new one.  I can't thank you enough for your help.  It means a lot to me to extend my family tree and I enjoy sharing my findings back with my mother. 

In regards to Jane, I have ordered two incorrect birth certificates, so I am trying.  If it was financially possible, I would just order them all to find the right one, buy I can't. 

If you have it in you to keep helping me, I would appreciate it, and I will be more careful in duplicating questions in the future.  I guess what happened, is this time around, my emphasis was on Matthew and not Jane... but I guess it's all the same space.

Sincerely (and sorry again),
Robert

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 13 February 15 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Robert, if you believe that the Jane b c 1852 is your Jane, then by all means go ahead and order the birth certificate, on your other thread, it was suggested that the 1861 for Jane and mother Jane and siblings which showed her mother as single possibly was an enumerators error and she should have been depicted as married, the 1851 also has her as unmarried?

Jane GILLON 55 Widow b Hart, Durham
Jane Bailey Daughter 25 Unmarried b Worsal? Yorkshire
Ann 5 Niece b Stockton
Residing at Brunswick Street, Stockton
Census Ref HO107/2383/498/13

Jane Jennison looks to have died Sept qtr 1882 Middlesbro 9d 365 aged 55, Robert Jennison remarries an Ellen Furnie June qtr 1888 Middlesbro 9d 796, the 1891 shows that Robert has been blind for 14 years and Ellen was blind from birth ( or Childbirth)?

The marriage of Robert Jennison to Jane Bailey looks to be Sept qtr 1865 Stockton 10a 158
Annie Bailey  marries a George Lake June qtr 1872 Stockton 10a 104 ( 8th May 1872)

In the Lake household in 1881 is James Rennison 17 and Margaret Rennison 15 shown as Brother & Sister in Law
Census Ref RG11/5278/83/47
Keyboard86