Author Topic: Ann Hall's birth and her marriage to James Paterson  (Read 2457 times)

Offline pergamond

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Hall's birth and her marriage to James Paterson
« on: Saturday 14 February 15 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm trying to find verification of a birth and a marriage in Scotland. I am so far unable to find evidence of these, and wondered if anyone could help.

Anthony Hall and Isobel Nicolson are said to have married in Northumberland, and had a daughter named Ann Hall, born/baptised 10 May 1747 in Scotland. Not sure if this is the case.

Ann Hall married James Paterson who was born in 1746, Melrose, Roxburgh, Scotland, and one of their children, Anthony Paterson, was born 22 Mar 1777 in Oxnam, Roxburgh. (Basically I am researching Anthony's ancestry.)

Despite searching I cannot find Ann Hall's birth or her marriage to James Paterson. Here's hoping somebody else is able to!  :)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hall's birth and her marriage to James Paterson
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 February 15 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Sorry having little luck proving any of this.  So, where did you obtain this information from?

There is an Anthony Patterson born in 1777 as well as a brother John and Thomas but there is no mother identified in any of these births.

There are no James Patterson/Ann Hall (incl spelling variations), children listed within the OPR from Scot's People.

There are only two James Patterson/Hall marriages neither to an Ann both occurring in 1766 one is to Isabel the other Christian and none in Melrose until 1853.

And, there is no birth of an Ann Hall to a Hall/Nicholson.

The above is from Scot's People.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline pergamond

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hall's birth and her marriage to James Paterson
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 February 15 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that. I'd scoured Scotland's People too.

The info was in a family history summary written many years ago, so doesn't contain sources, and states also that it is not definitive and just possibilities.