Author Topic: School on Kippen Street and Glenhead Street  (Read 4579 times)

Offline debee1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: School on Kippen Street and Glenhead Street
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 June 15 16:52 BST (UK) »
I lived in that area when I was young , I always knew it as Parkhouse school for the deaf , I did read recently that it was another kind of school way back , I lived in that area from 1969 on wards , didn't know it changed its name again , it's been closed a good few years now

Offline jim l

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 June 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
It was indeed Parkhouse school Janice,and I attended there in the late 40s,early 50s as at that time my family lived at the junction of Ashfield/Glenhead streets.
When we later moved to Haywood street I was amongst the first intake of pupils at the newly opened Chirnsyde school.
Happy days. :)

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 June 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for answering.

My mother attended earlier than that, but my cousin attended there in the late 40's up until she left for Canada in 1952.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline LScottGlasgow

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 August 20 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi
Does anyone know what date the school's name changed from Balmore to Parkhouse and then again what date it changed to Greenview?