Author Topic: Fleming, Johnson, Martin  (Read 1779 times)

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fleming, Johnson, Martin
« on: Thursday 19 February 15 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find any information on my 4th great grandparents Thomas Fleming 1753 - ? from Watlington, Oxfordshire, England and Elizabeth Johnson 1773 - 1852 from Bisham, Berkshire, England, when Elizabeth Johnson died he married Elizabeth Martin (I think) 1752 - 1794 from Cowfold, Sussex, England.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming, Johnson, Martin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 February 15 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Stephen

Some words of advice which I hope you will find helpful.

I think you run the risk of causing some frustration on here both to your self and those of us who are trying to help you by your simultaneous running of two quite similar searches / posts.

I recommend you consolidate to one post and see what then turns up. As an example having just come out of Look ups on here and closed those search engines etc I have found this post and more clues about what you are searching for!

I can now tell you, since you have provided more information on this post, that there was indeed another marriage of a Thomas Fleming who was from Watlington but the marriage was held at St Helen's Church, Benson to an Elizabeth Martin held on14 Sept 1776 so you may have got your info the wrong way round?

NDRFT

Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 February 15 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,

This is another of your posts.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=713348.0

As NDRFT has mentioned, its best to keep to one posting only otherwise it can lead to duplication of efforts.

So far as Elizabeth  is concerned, I have found a baptism in the Bisham registers;
bapt 3-3-1773 Elizabeth Johnson d/o Richard & Mary.
This is taken from a printed version of Bapts., Marriages & Burials issued by the Parish Register Society which I found on-line.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 February 15 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Fleming was still alive in 1851.  She was a widow age 82 born Bisham living with daughter Phoebe. I presume I have the right person, living Watlington

Where does the Elizabeth who was born Sussex fit in.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 February 15 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie99
Thomas was married twice, to a Elizabeth Johnson 1773-1852 and Elizabeth Martin 1752-1794. I don't know the death date of Thomas Fleming 1753-? or anything about him. I have Phoebe born 1799-1812 but I could be wrong and yes Watlington is the right place.
Thank you
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards