Author Topic: northern ireland birth certificates  (Read 2157 times)

Offline barbarai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
northern ireland birth certificates
« on: Friday 20 February 15 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, can anyone tell me how long it takes to have a birth cert. delivered from Ireland to the UK, I ordered one on the 6th of February from nidirect and my account on there says the cert has been fulfilled and posted, but i'm still waiting.
Thanks
Phillips- monmouthshire & Kent, Ilsley- Berkshire & London, Reed- Lambeth & London, Drake- London, Eke- Norfolk, Martin-London,Gilson- Essex, Hubbard-Suffolk, Pevan-Russia, Gordon-I.O.W & Kent, Richardson-London & Essex, Willis-Bristol & London, Arthur -Devon & London, Burch-Beds & Herts., Bunce-Bucks & Herts, Hewey- London.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: northern ireland birth certificates
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 February 15 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Northern Ireland is part of the UK and as such, the usual Royal Mail delivery timescales apply.

Might be worth sending an email asking when the certificate was actually posted out and by which class of post, so you can more accurately gauge if it should have been received yet.

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline barbarai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 February 15 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, i will email them today
Phillips- monmouthshire & Kent, Ilsley- Berkshire & London, Reed- Lambeth & London, Drake- London, Eke- Norfolk, Martin-London,Gilson- Essex, Hubbard-Suffolk, Pevan-Russia, Gordon-I.O.W & Kent, Richardson-London & Essex, Willis-Bristol & London, Arthur -Devon & London, Burch-Beds & Herts., Bunce-Bucks & Herts, Hewey- London.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 February 15 17:38 GMT (UK) »
If you need the information in the certificate urgently, I presume you know you can view it on-line immediately for £2, using the search registrations facility on the GRONI site?
Elwyn