Author Topic: Richards and Finch  (Read 5107 times)

Offline lulubird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richards and Finch
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 10:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure whether you have any of Susannah's siblings?  I've found the following, all of them accepted into the Quaker Society of Friends at quarterly meetings in Horselydown,Southwark:-

Sophia and Maria  -  Birth Dates (i.e. baptisms)  -  02 Oct 1808

Sarah  -  BD  - 08 Apr 1810

Hannah  -  BD  -  07 Oct 1811

Mary Proud  -  BD  -   07 Jun 1814

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda
Thank you for all your help, I didn't know that my 4th great grandparents were Quakers, were they allow to marry outside of their religion, Susannah married James Neal was he a Quaker as well. No I didn't have any of Susannah's siblings thank you for all that.
Thank you again
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline lulubird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,

Quakers are allowed to marry outside their religion,I believe.  As I said, I don't know a lot about them,but I believe that they are not one of the fire and brimstone brigade.  Do you have any provenance or dates for James Neal,please?  It may make searching simpler.

Linda

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda
Ok....Yes I have some info for James Neal 2nd March 1800 in Sherston-Magna, Wiltshire, England  and died 17th March 1872 Hobart, Tasmania. Would you have any info on his parents, William Neal and Sarah Rice. I think Neal is being spelt different ways, Neal, Neale, Neall, Neill. I think these are his parents.
Thank you
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards