Author Topic: What would be most likely Cemetery to be buried in  (Read 6423 times)

Offline ailsac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What would be most likely Cemetery to be buried in
« on: Monday 23 February 15 05:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have an Annie Helen BARNES MS Innes who died 25 Jan 1977, from 6 Spring Terrace, North Shields, Tyne and Wear
I am trying to find details about her husband of whom I cannot find his name, though I do have the children.
What cemetery would be most likely for Annie to be buried in please and also the name of local newspapers that I could try and arrange a search done for death notice.
I live in Australia so cannot visit the area to do searches myself.
Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Ailsa

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: What would be most likely Cemetery to be buried in
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 February 15 07:47 GMT (UK) »
The civil registration index of deaths has an entry for Annie Helen Barnes born 4 January 1892 death registered March quarter 1977, N[orth] Tyneside registration district volume 2 page 1122. There is an 'E' between Tyneside and the vol number - not sure what that means? Perhaps someone can clarify?

Once that is sorted, you can use this index reference to order the death certificate from the General Register Office. The death certificate should give you the husband's name as well as other useful information.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 February 15 08:58 GMT (UK) »
The certificate will only give the husband's name if he was the informant. You can see an image of a post 1969 death certificate at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=647674.msg4942974#msg4942974

A copy  of one of their children's birth certificate will have the father's name
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 February 15 09:10 GMT (UK) »
From http://home.st.net.au/~ailsa/Gerrard%20Innes/g0/p77.htm their marriage was most likely in Scotland.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 February 15 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, yes, Stan is right, see the GRO FAQs. I have a couple with "widow of" and also a "wife of"  in the occupation box but looking at the GRO site that was not the technically correct way to fill it in. I was presumably just lucky.

Offline ailsac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 February 15 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Stan and SelDen. This is the correct Annie Helen Barnes as I have her birth certificate from Scotland. I know she was a widow when she died, so husband would not be the informant.
I have done a bit more research and found she had probate issued 3 March 1977, Newcastle upon Tyne and her actual death date was 25 Jan 1977, from 6 Spring Terrace North Shields, Tyne and Wear, she had been living there since her father died in 1943 (she was the informant on his death certificate), and may have been there longer than that.

So thought if I could find the burial records it might help with the husband name or to know what newspapers on where to look for a death notice would also might help.
I have done extensive searches in both Scotland and England/ Wales and cannot locate the marriage which would have been before 1921, as first child born then.

thanks for the ideas so far - might have to get one of the children's birth certificates. The web page you pointed me to is my own web page and I am trying to update information I already had to that it is correct.
Ailsa

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 February 15 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked to see if married more than once?

Offline ailsac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 February 15 10:48 GMT (UK) »
thanks SelDen, this is something now I am considering, as if she married ? Barnes by 1920 then Annie was aged about 28 - so back to the drawing board in relation to working out the marriages
But help and ideas have been great so far and really appreciated.

kind regards
Ailsa

Offline Trini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ailsa,

It's possible she was buried at Preston Cemetery, North Shields.  If so, you could try the local studies library at North Shields Library who have the burial registers. Email: Discover@northtyneside.gov.uk

Of course, it's possible she may have been cremated, and whilst they have the register... it doesn't give any information as such.  You could ask them if there was a death notice in the Evening Chronicle.  They have some from that era.

Good luck.

Trini. x
ALLISON/LECK/LEGG/LEMON/WINTER/RIDLEY/CRANSTON/WALTON. Northumberland and Durham

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk