Author Topic: Jane Hosford born Co Cork 1825  (Read 2020 times)

Offline wscroley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Hosford born Co Cork 1825
« on: Monday 23 February 15 15:44 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother married my ggrandfather, William (Stroud) Crowly in Douglas in 1845 at St Luke's Church (CofI). Their marriage certificate states that William was living in Innishannon and Jane in Douglas and that Jane's father was James Hosford, William's was Jeremiah Crowly, both farmers.  I have received much information about the Hosfords based around Bandon but cannot positively identify any siblings for Jane around there or in the area of Ballea, south of Cork City where there is another group of Hosfords. There is a James in Ballea, also identified on Griffiths as being there in 1850.  There are a couple of Hosford headstones in the graveyard at St Luke's, but I cannot tie them in nor can I associate the family of Horatio Hosford living in Evergreen Road, Cork City, where my ggrandmother was living when she died in 1913 - not in the same house.  Any info, or hints, on the branch of the Hosfords related to my ggrandmother gratefully received.  Thanks 
Stuart, Scott, Crowley, Hosford in Cork, Limerick, Tipperary Ireland

Offline ftcorkmdb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Hosford born Co Cork 1825
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 February 15 18:03 GMT (UK) »
I have a James Hosford and a Jane Hosford in my database of five Catholic parishes south of Cork City, both apparently converting to Catholicism, but not necessarily your James or your Jane.  Other Hosfords were mixed CofI/RC, some related to my Maddens.  It would be easiest for me just to e-mail you all the Hosfords in my database as an Excel worksheet.  To do that, you have to send me what RootsChat calls a 'personal message' with your e-mail address.  I cannot remember how to do it.  Perhaps you can figure it out.