Author Topic: Wright Family, NE Lincs.  (Read 2206 times)

Offline linnet27

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandfather Edmund
    • View Profile
Wright Family, NE Lincs.
« on: Monday 23 February 15 18:02 GMT (UK) »
This family is driving me mad and I would really appreciate some help!!

I have John Wright born 1789 in Beelsby with siblings Mary, Joseph and Elizabeth.  Their parents are John and Ann.  This is where the problems start!

I have a marriage of John Wright and Ann Smith in May 1781 Great Limber which I am fairly confident about, but I realise that is not ideal. (There don't seem to be any other options).

I have the LFHS Haverstoe baptisms and burials and there is a baptism of John Wright in Jan 1760 at Tetney.  Parents John and Faith. 

I have found a marriage on Lincs to the Past in Tetney for John Wright and Faith (I think it is Ludlam - top left page 4).

Also on the cd is a burial of Faith Wright wife of John, in Tetney, Dec 1762.

Can I prove any of this or do I have to accept defeat?  Any suggestions, advice would be much appreciated.
Mosedale- Notts/Staffs
Wright- Alkborough & Barnoldby le Beck, Lincs
Thorpe - Elkesley, Notts
Lane - Harby, Notts
Ingledew - N. Yorkshire
Beacock - Bonby, Lincs
Johnson - Halesworth, Suffolk & Essex

Offline linnet27

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandfather Edmund
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Family, NE Lincs.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 February 15 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I think silence was probably what I expected on this one!

Could one of the helpful experts suggest what they would do next, or am I really at the end of the trail.  I don't want to give up, but appreciate there is a limit to the information available with so little to go on.
Mosedale- Notts/Staffs
Wright- Alkborough & Barnoldby le Beck, Lincs
Thorpe - Elkesley, Notts
Lane - Harby, Notts
Ingledew - N. Yorkshire
Beacock - Bonby, Lincs
Johnson - Halesworth, Suffolk & Essex

Offline Rabuser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Family, NE Lincs.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 November 17 19:13 GMT (UK) »
I can add an element of confirmation and probably some more mud!

Faith Ludlam married John Wright in Tetney on 15/5/1759. She was baptised in Tetney on 24/2/1736-7, the daughter of Thomas Ludlam and Faith (born Wardle). However, this is likely the third, latest marriage between Ludlams and Wrights in this area.

Prior to this Elizabeth Ludlam (bp 14/7/1683 Hemsworh, Yorks) seems to have married John Wright - marriage record yet to be found - and Mary Ludlam (bp 28/9/1693 Tetney) married Edward Wright at Yarborough on 6/4/1717. Both women were daughters of Stephen Ludlam, vicar of Tetney, who died in 1722. Faith's father Thomas was a son of the said Stephen.

Ludlam wills are of value for a few more items.

The will of Stephen (1722) names Elizabeth and Mary as wives of John and Edward respectively. The will of William Ludlam of Tetney (1765) gives the following names:
Brother Thomas
Children of Thomas: Ann, Thomas, Stephen and Jane
Nephew William Ludlam
Jane Faulding, widow
Ann and Susannah Ludlam
Nephews William and Stephen Wright
Mary, daughter of said nephew Stephen Wright and his two sons, Stephen and William
Nephew John Ludlam executor

William Ludlam was another son of Stephen.

Hope some of this helps...

Richard
Axe (Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire); Ludlam (Yorkshire); Rooke (Yorkshire, Derbyshire); Budgell (Somerset, Dorset, Canada); Tucker (Glamorgan, Pembroke).