Author Topic: James Knight and Lucy Knight (nee Gallon) trying to kill them off!  (Read 6583 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: James Knight and Lucy Knight (nee Gallon) trying to kill them off!
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 February 15 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all so much, that looks like it could be problem solved and I need to buy some certificates!  I wonder where they are buried.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 February 15 21:25 GMT (UK) »
If the death I found is him, then Rickerscote might be the place to start.

Some churchyards may be filling up by the 1900's, if so it will be municipal cemetery.

I wonder if they were actually separated, in that the marriage had broken down, or if he just went away a lot to Wales (looking at sheep horses for his farm or something) and happened to be there on two consecutive censuses!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 February 15 21:48 GMT (UK) »
I had wondered whether they were actually separated.  He gives his occupation as 'horse dealer and farmer' so maybe there is a horse fair in that area at census time each year?  Since he is apparently back in Whitgreave in 1911, yes, I have now found him as a widower, he obviously still had some interest there!

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 February 15 22:20 GMT (UK) »
the Lucy who dies in 1910 appears to have been a patient at the Stafford asylum - admitted 7 Jan 1909, died 6 Dec 1910

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 10:15 GMT (UK) »
There is a burial of a James Knight 29.9.1915 at St Micheals Rugeley on FreeREG unfortunately it doesnt give any futher details

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There are few entries in the, Kellys Directory, for James Knight Farmer of Sandborough.

It seems strange they only had 2 children, and they were 10 years apart

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all so much. 

Yes, the James Knight at Sandborough is my man.  Please Mabel Bagshawe, where did you find the asylum information?

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 21:01 GMT (UK) »
It's on Ancestry

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 09:53 GMT (UK) »
The plot thickens!   

Lucy Knight, if it is the right one and it looks likely, is shown by the asylum as a pauper and yet in 1901 she had a servant and James Knight left over £100 in his will, surely not a small amount in 1915?

There is also of course the family myth about one of the daughters running of with the chauffeur/groom; although at the time of the marriage he was working on the railways.