Author Topic: Beds parish records.  (Read 5373 times)

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beds parish records.
« on: Wednesday 25 February 15 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I wander if anyone knows if there is a disc with the complete beds parish records on i could buy. I have looked at the links on here for different parish baptisms/burials and marriages, but havent found my folks. Its a bit more difficult with mine as they were romany so have no idea where they might have been baptised, if they were. They could easily have moved on after registering the birth in one district and gone on to baptise in another and possibly done that two or three times. Had the baby baptised i mean. So i would like to try and search all of beds, will need to do the same with herts and essex. I have tried family search and the ancestry, but cant find them. I know possibly there is nothing to find but i have to try.
Thanks Tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Beds parish records.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with what you are asking however I do have Leicestershire Gypsies & Travellers Index which if you post the surname and I will have a look and see if they happen to have skipped over the border  :)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello. Well the mothers are Eliza parker and margaret parker.  There are lots of children though. The ones i really am struggling with are margaret's aka peg leg. the children i have for  her so far are fanny, solomon, Eliza (her above) mariah, lena (selina maybe) and leonard/lemi. I do feel there must be more kids though but i cant find them. They start about 1865 -1880. But given peg legs age she must have actually started having kids from about 1850.
Also can i be cheeky as i dont think the above where in leicestershire but i do know my turvills where. Have you noticed any Turvills on the list.
thanks tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
gill- derbyshire

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 13:56 GMT (UK) »
I will look for both surname and post any that are on the index
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 14:05 GMT (UK) »
No Turvill's on the index which covers census, bap, marriage, burial in Leicestershire

..and the Parker's are earlier
Parker John parents Morris and Judy bap 26 April 1704 Melton Mowbray DG36/2
Parker Widow  bur 5 April 1728 Teign DE3855/1

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou very much for looking iluleah i do appreciate it.
tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
gill- derbyshire

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Bedfordshire Family History Society.... have a CD.......

The Surnames CD is a consolidated surname index of all entries for baptisms and burials up to 1851 (beyond in some cases) and marriages up to at least 1837 in the Bedfordshire Parish Registers, as included on the Parish CDs. This has over one million entries with surname, forename, year, parish and event. Consequently it will give you more detail, up to a later date, than the Prime CD, including the forename and year of the event, and also indicates a baptism, burial or marriage. Entries from the marriage licences are also included for bride, groom and surety. However, the index consists of an alphabetical list of surnames, and it is up to you to search for all possible variant spellings. It can lead you to the detailed entries on a Parish CD or to the pre-1813 register transcripts in printed form or on microfiche (to order see the publications list).

http://www.bfhs.org.uk/#surnamescd

Cheers John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John. probably not going to help as most are post 1851 and there are lots of them. Could probably get the ampthill, cranfield and maybe biggleswade. Would they all be at the record office. Do they do searchs for you, maybe i could pay for a specific search for my margaret parker. Its just so hard because she is being so elusive. I know they have to be out there somewhere but they arent making it easy. this is a post i made about them on the travellers section.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=711509.0   as you can see i have a photo she existed but why can i not find her.
waters/walters-berkshire
gill- derbyshire

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Just a though Tracy you have checked on http://www.freereg.org.uk as at least you can search more of the different counties locally to Bedfordshire and further away and know that family historians have transcribed these directly from parish records ???