Author Topic: John & Jane Wright  (Read 2582 times)

Offline PMRR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John & Jane Wright
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 April 16 00:04 BST (UK) »
Yes Diana. We are certainly related. My father was Lewis Wright, son of Herbert Wright, who was the first child of Richardson John. Until recently we have known little of my grandfather"s family as he was an orphan when he married and no family talk has come down through the generations. Where does your relationship come in?
Trish

Offline DianaAUS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 02:55 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather is William Henry Wright (Richardson John's brother) my mother actually done most of the family tree (she died when I was young) the info she had put together didn't include Richardson's birth but had him as a child. Instead William Henry as the one who was born on the ship as there was another William Henry Wright born in that year (different person) and none listed for my William Henry Wright (unsure why and he was baptised in 1852). I have a bit of info on the family (where they lived, marriage, buried etc) Seems this family didn't talk much about previous generations (maybe more than a few secrets I'm thinking!) I found that William Henry's wife's mother wasn't married when she was born and appears to have changed when she came to Australia.
Interesting to compare notes if your interested
Diana

Offline Gil Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 October 17 01:13 BST (UK) »
I am descended from George via his son Frank (Francis) and I have records of that branch - most of the living descendants that I am aware of live in NSW.

I have Y-DNA tests which may help with matching records - Y-DNA changes slowly and there are very few matches worldwide for this line.

Offline Gil Wright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 October 17 10:59 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather is William Henry Wright (Richardson John's brother) my mother actually done most of the family tree (she died when I was young) the info she had put together didn't include Richardson's birth but had him as a child. Instead William Henry as the one who was born on the ship as there was another William Henry Wright born in that year (different person) and none listed for my William Henry Wright (unsure why and he was baptised in 1852).

The SA records I have found indicate that "Wm Hy" is the probable name of the child born at sea. In which case where does Richardson come from because he has no birth or entry record that I can find.

Offline Ande

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 April 20 06:08 BST (UK) »
Wow, this is an old post, and I only just discovered it. I believe I am a descendant of George Wright and Mary Ann Crooks, who came to South Australia on the Stag. I believe Jane, their daughter, married another Wright called John, and they came out on the Fatima.
George and Mary Ann had a son called George William Wright, and I am descended through him. He married a Catherine Moran. Would love to exchange/share information with any of you.
JONES, HALL, CHACE, WRIGHT, CROCKER, NEPEAN, LAWRANCE, THORPE, ELLIOT, MORAN, all in South Australia. STÄRKE, SCHOLZ/SHOLZ in Prussia and South Australia. WATERS, FOWLER, INCE, MEARS, LLOYD, TRUSTER and COOPER in England (mainly Surrey). FRANKORT, LEUNISSEN, MUIJRERS, BROURERS, GORISSEN, DAMOISEAUX and LAHAYE/LAHIAJE in Limburg, Netherlands.