Author Topic: Lonsdale House, Hutton Roof.  (Read 1834 times)

Offline todhunter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lonsdale House, Hutton Roof.
« on: Thursday 26 February 15 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Hope someone can help.
My x great-grandparents Benjamin and Margaret Hoggart lived in “Hutton Roof” Westmorland near Kirkby Lonsdale, they lived in a farmhouse called “LONSDALE HOUSE”I want to know if the house still exists, I have looked on google maps but cannot find it;-Several years ago someone told me that they passed it en route to “Mealrigg Farm”.in Hutton Roof, I have found Mealrigg Farm on the map, but still cannot find “LONSDALE HOUSE”

Thanks
Todhunter

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lonsdale House, Hutton Roof.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 February 15 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Not always helpful but have you found the house or family on a census? If so then checking the properties before and after the entry may help at least give a general location
"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline todhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 March 15 11:31 GMT (UK) »

It’s a good idea jksdelver,
I have found the house on the census; - unfortunately the properties before and after; Lonsdale house farm, are only named as Hutton Roof, or, in the Village, so I suppose Lonsdale Farmhouse must be a little way out of the village.

Thanks,
jksdelver

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 March 15 11:48 GMT (UK) »
No problem.  My sister lives near there but wouldn't be able to check at the moment. I don't know when I will be up next to see her to do it myself. You could ask Kirkby Lonsdale Library.
"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 March 15 17:54 GMT (UK) »
From my sister apparently  there is a Lonsdale Farm and a Lonsdale Barn (which will probably be a conversion. Trying to get to know just where it is.

Seems as if it's got a post code

Lonsdale Farmhouse
Hutton Roof
CARNFORTH
LA6 2PG

Offline todhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 March 15 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, jksdelver