Author Topic: Brazils of Pwll Llanelli.  (Read 3126 times)

Offline GYPO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brazils of Pwll Llanelli.
« on: Saturday 28 February 15 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find burial place of William Brazel died 1910,and wife Margaret Brazel died 1913.Believed to have resided in Pwll all their lives.They married at Jerusalem Chapel,Pembrey but unfortunately no record of burial.
            Many Thanks.Chris ( Gypo ).

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Brazils of Pwll Llanelli.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 February 15 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Are you sure about your dates as there is no death on freebmd in those years

www.freebmd.org.uk

What is the correct spelling for their surname

Brazils of Pwll Llanelli.

William Brazel died 1910,and wife Margaret Brazel died 1913

There is a 1910 death on freebmd for a Margaret Brazell aged 56 also a William Brazell in 1909 but in different counties

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 March 15 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 Are you sure of your dates ?
The Brazil/l name in Carmarthenshire does seem to be mostly concentrated around Llanelli

Brazell  Margaret  56  Llanelly  11a 595  there is this one in 1910, no William in 1910.

If you search the free BMD using " Bra*  " in the surname box, leave the Christian name field blank and  put in the drop down menu Carmarthenshire, you should see all the Brazil (l)'s  registered in the Llanelli area and surrounds. It seems that the  further back you go , the most popular way to spell it was with just the one L. The more recent entries, for the  late 1800's into the 1900's  it seems most of them went  on to spell  it with LL's.

There are also a few entries there that could be Brazil families too ( spellings such as BRAZAEL
BRAZAKL  ,Brazell ,Brazall and so on)
I wouldn't worry too much about the correct spelling. It looks as if the families (or the registrar) spelt it whatever way they felt like as so many did with their unusual surnames.

I couldn't find a William Brazil in 1910 in Carmarthenshire, or anything that looks like him .  I left the surname blank and just searched on the Christian name of William for the whole of 1910 - There's nothing that remotely looks like him in Llanelli and the whole of Carmarthenshire.

Where did you get the dates that you have from?

It does look as if they've either died in another county , see Carole's post, or the death dates you have  are incorrect .......or they haven't been transcribed, which means  that to be absolutely sure- you need to look through the images of the B Deaths  for the year (page by page manually)

Kind Regards :)

PS
edited to add, I think I've found them
They were "bugging me"  (in the nicest way !) so I decided to look into it further -

BMD's Death:
William Brazell died 1903
death age 51 ( his age would tie in with all the censuses for him)
vol 11a page 617. reg Llanelli

Margaret:
there's a probate for her:

Margaret Brazell

Probate Date-17 Mar 1911
Died 5 May 1910
widow Of 3 colliers row Pwll died 5th may 1910  to John Brazell ,collier, effects $170.
https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/searching-for-probate-records, (the address of Colliers row Pwll also ties in with their address on the censuses for this couple)

BMD's Death
Margaret Brazell
Apr/May/Jun 1910
LLanelly
11a  page 595
age 56

Hope that helps

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline GYPO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 March 15 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Many many thanks Cell,i could never have found that information.I had the dates of their demise from a family member,obviously they were wrong.Once again many thanks.
                                 Chris.( GYPO )