Author Topic: Anyone interested in Saunders family members originally from Uffington Berkshire  (Read 10045 times)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in Saunders family members originally from Uffington Berkshire
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 08 October 17 15:43 BST (UK) »
Yes I have it somewhere. It includes Pear Tree Cottage.
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline MrOakRoom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in Saunders family members originally from Uffington Berkshire
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 28 January 20 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Queenie was my grandmother.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 29 January 20 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Mr OakRoom.

As you have probably read in previous posts you need to make 3 posts before you can use the Private Message system here on Rootschat.  The posts can be short!!

After you've made 2 more you should be able to correspond privately as well as here n R'chat, with the other members of your family who have already posted. 

Lovely to see family members able to find each other through Rootschat. 

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 03 February 20 23:49 GMT (UK) »
I used to take my mother up to Uffington to visit Queenie in the 80's. Most of the inhabitants were Saunders family members 30 odd years ago. My grandmother was Florence Saunders 1878 to 1953. Packers and Fullers were associated families. Saunders cousins were over here April last year on holiday.

I have partial Tree.
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline MrOakRoom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 11 June 20 18:30 BST (UK) »
It's been a while since I was here.

Sorry I lost the thread.

I've had files from My Uncle that include Queenie and our extended family.

I'm so pleased to see so many Saunders doing well.

I think of Queenie Granny (as I knew her) often and how Uffington had been the centre of so many wonderful stories.

Offline MrOakRoom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 13 June 20 04:24 BST (UK) »
I wonder how active this thread is. Well here's my third post.

Much respect to the moderators on this site.

Good luck to everyone in their research.