Author Topic: Yorkshire and London  (Read 4678 times)

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Yorkshire and London
« on: Sunday 01 March 15 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I have traced the burial places of most of my family but there are 2 that I just can't find.One is Edmund Wear,he died in Huddersfield in 1876,I have tried everywhere in a radius of Huddersfield and have found nothing.Any ideas please.
  The other one that I can't find is Henry Joseph Masters.He died in 1886 in Hackney/Stoke Newington.He came from Chatham in Kent but he lived in Maidstone just after he was married in 1850.His 1st son,same name,died as an infant in 1851 and I've been told that he is buried at All Saints in Maidstone,so I wonder if the father was buried there as well.Any help appreciated

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire and London
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 March 15 01:34 GMT (UK) »
kent>

https://kent.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/ENQ/OPAC/BIBENQ?ENTRY_NAME=BS&ENTRY=burial+indexes&ENTRY_TYPE=K&NRECS=20&SORTS=HBT.SOVR&SEARCH_FORM=%2Fcgi-bin%2Fspydus.exe%2FMSGTRN%2FOPAC%2FBSEARCH&CF=GEN&ISGLB=0&GQ=burial+indexes

is what is available ........    so u may have to get sks to look them up at archives or contact the archives and ask them to look ........   

as for Yorkshire uuuummmmm........     contact County Archives....... is where I would start....  but if you found the dates on fs.o I would assume the film number would tell you where the burial service was held........

others may have some other clues.....

had a look on anc for Edmund but only other Wears appeared......

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 March 15 16:12 GMT (UK) »
The Kent FHS transcript confirms the burial of Henry Joseph Masters aged 5 weeks at All Saints, Maidstone on 26 Jul 1851; address given as Bank Street. Unfortunately the transcript doesn't go beyond 1873.

As for the father, the Deceased Online website has a Henry Masters buried at Brompton Cemetery (Kensington & Chelsea) on 8 Feb 1886. Is that a possibility? This information is free to view, but to get further details it would be necessary to pay.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 March 15 16:17 GMT (UK) »
I suspect that this is the Henry for the 1886 Brompton burial
Deaths Mar 1886   
Henry Masters    age    22   
St. Geo. H. Sq.    1a   360

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 March 15 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the suggestions.I looked at the Kent site,but as was stated  the burials at All Saints stop long before Henry Sr died.Is there a burial ground called Sutton Road nearby and is it possible to access the records for there?Another thought is,if there is a grave in All Saints,could it have been opened for another burial later. The Henry found in Brompton,is not mine as my Henry died 14th June.at 31 Listria Park, Stoke Newington.I'm finding the Kent site quite difficult to navigate or maybe it's me?
 Edmund Wear died on the 30th July 1876 at Beaumont Street Huddersfield,that's not where the family were living,they were in Mirfield.I will try county archives and see if they have anything.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Valda has done a comprehensive topic on London burial sites
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=403492.0

This may also be of interest
http://www.burial.magic-nation.co.uk/bgpage1.htm

There is always the chance that he was buried at Brookwood cemetery, Nr Woking, Surrey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookwood_Cemetery
http://www.brookwoodcemetery.com/

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 November 15 17:00 GMT (UK) »
You may have to obtain Edmund's death certificate to ascertain where he was living in 1876.  Huddersfield Registration District covers a fair-sized area.  By this period of time a lot of burials were in cemeteries, rather than church graveyards.  For starters, have you tried Edgerton Road Cemetery in Huddersfield?  Huddersfield & District FHS have transcribed the records for the Consecrated area, and are in the process of transcribing the Unconsecrated area.

Added:  just re-read your post of 2 March  :-[  so perhaps Edgerton Road might fit  :-\

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 21 November 15 03:14 GMT (UK) »
 Many thanks for all the suggestions.I have at long last found where Henry J Masters was buried,Nunhead Cemetery Stoke Newington.
  I've contacted different places in Yorkshire and Huddersfield to see if they have records.I did get the death certificates for both but not much help.I just have to wait an see now.