Author Topic: William Charrett - Ropley  (Read 788 times)

Offline natz300

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Charrett - Ropley
« on: Monday 02 March 15 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, im trying to find the birth of William Charrett believed to be in Ropley around 1740. He married Elizabeth Parker daughter of Thos and Mary in Ropley on 8/6/1780 and I have names of 11 children all born in Ropley. I would love to know who his parents were to continue on this research for a family friends 70th birthday. Does anyone know anything of this family or can offer any clues as to who his parents were, where he was born ect? Or information on Elizabeth his wife?

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Charrett - Ropley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 10:10 GMT (UK) »
I cannot help thinking that some one who married at the age of 40 would go on to have 11 children in those days. I realise that this would not be impossible but I think unlikely.
The only two WILLIAM CHARROTT’s I can find that might fit, were both born in the Winchester area of Hamprshire.

1.   Born 16 May 1764 Baptised EAST STRATTON 3 June 1764, parents Edmund & Elizabeth.
2.   Baptised 17 Jan 1763 MICHELDEVER, parents John & Jane.

There is an Elizabeth Parker baptism in Ropely 10 Dec 1758 daughter of Thomas & Mary

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.