Author Topic: Rev. William Herring m. Elizabeth Cotton 1750  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Ultramum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. William Herring m. Elizabeth Cotton 1750
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 March 15 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Here's a summary of the Herrings I have linked so far ... mostly tenuous but several through the summaries of the letters on the Notts Uni site ... far too many Williams, Johns and Samuels  and most need some form of verification ...

Our family folk lore says we are related to these Herrings, and several other researchers I have come across who are lined to my ancestors also have that same folklore in their families too but I have yet to find the missing link(s)!

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 March 15 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Ultramum, you're super!

Thank you very much for all that.  Hope you find your "missing link".
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline FDAV

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 October 17 19:13 BST (UK) »

I am the great great granddaughter of Jane Elizabeth Herring - born 1818 married Joseph Lionel Williams, born 1815 and died 1877.
I am trying to establish whether Jane Elizabeth was related in any way to Archbishop Thomas Herring as my grandfather was interested in the archbishop and had some letters written by him. Can anyone help?