Author Topic: parish register lookup-HOME/LINNEN  (Read 1907 times)

Offline pattyh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parish register lookup-HOME/LINNEN
« on: Wednesday 04 March 15 02:19 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping some kind soul can do a lookup for me.  I have an Isobel Home was married to William Linnen/Linen on 25 NOV 1750, Greenlaw, Berwickshire.  Through Ancestry and IGI I find 2 possible christenings for her:

1) d/o Alexander, c 4 JUN 1731, Coldstream, Berwickshire
2) d/o Alexander, c 4 FEN 1733, Chirnside, Berwickshire

The OPR for Greenlaw are indexed but not digitized.  I was hoping someone who had access to the marriage record in 1750 could see if it listed a parish where she was from.  Or look at the christening records as see if there is any other residential or occupational information in the entries.

Thanks!

Patty Hopkinson

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: parish register lookup-HOME/LINNEN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 March 15 12:50 GMT (UK) »
You need to use Scotlandspeople for access to the Greenlaw OPR - although not complete - if you are looking for someone who's religion was non-conformists - there not always recorded pre 1855.

Did a little digging and william linnen's marriage is there but the index highlights that his spouce name is not on the record - rare, but not unusual back then

the baptisms for isobel you mention are also available - but no worth uploading will only give you copy of the page the enter is in - index give just as much info.