Author Topic: Ayr - Darlington Church Museum Project Survey - Memorials to Ayrshire Ancestors  (Read 1296 times)

Offline evansg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask for your help. Darlington Church in the centre of Ayr is becoming derelict and needs a new purpose before grants can't be obtained to restore the building. I have an original purpose and need feedback on whether people would use an internal Columbarium, and pay to exhibit memorials to loved ones. With each memorial inscription there would be a link to electronic information about the life of the individual. I am hoping that the Columbarium/Museum would be full of stories about the Sons and Daughters of Ayrshire. Those that were born in Ayrshire that emigrated and vice versus, for those who moved to Ayrshire. I know that I have a collated a lot of information on my family members but have no-where to 'display' it to others.  There has been a lot of research been done by individuals in this group and I wondered if they would like to share information on historical figure from Ayrshire to Columbarium/Museum visitors
If interested please could you spend less than 5 minutes on a survey. Many thanks.
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/AyrColumbariumProject?x=10

or www.ayrcolumbarium.co.uk