Author Topic: Jack Fleming  (Read 942 times)

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jack Fleming
« on: Saturday 07 March 15 00:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I wonder if anybody can help me, I am looking for a photo of my grandfather in uniform, he was in WW1 and his name was Jack Cyril Fleming, regimental number 2481, he enlisted on 27th July 1915, he survived the war, he was born 20 Sept 1898 and died 15 Jan 1950. He was only 16 when he enlisted the second time, the first time he enlisted was 3 Feb 1915 as Leslie Cyril Frederick Fleming, he was sent back home on 4 July 1915 and re-enlisted under a different first name. Also where could I get his medals and diary.
Thank you
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Fleming
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 March 15 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen

Soldiers were not officially photographed. So a photograph can only come from within the family. The same goes for any medals and personal property.

You should start by discovering which relatives either lived with him in 1950, or lived nearby. And then seek out their descendants. Electoral rolls and directories can be useful. You should also see if he left a will.

If you start a family tree on something like Ancestry you may be contacted by relatives with information.

Ken

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Fleming
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 March 15 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ken for your information I will check it out.
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards