Author Topic: Samuel Clarke  (Read 1838 times)

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel Clarke
« on: Saturday 07 March 15 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Would anybody have any information on the Clarke's of Staffordshire, Samuel Clarke born about 1783 and his wife Hannah Ovenden born about 1789, I don't know when they got married. They are my 4th great grandparents, as far as I know they had two children who are William Samuel Clarke 1805-1871, and Sarah Ann Clarke 1812-?.
Thank You
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Clarke
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 March 15 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on the surname interests board to see who else is researching this family.

There are lots of Clarkes in Staffordshire, think you need to go out and hunt them.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 March 15 08:33 GMT (UK) »
A possibility for Samuel Clarke - born and baptised 24 June 1782, son of Samuel and Sarah Clarke - St Mary, Stafford.

You might be interested to know that Find My Past is free to search this weekend - until midday (GMT) on Monday 9 March.

Staffordshire parish registers are included - although at the moment I don't think that all parishes or all dates are included.  I can't readily see Hannah Ovenden, the marriage or the two children within the Staffordshire collection.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 March 15 12:53 GMT (UK) »
If you havent got the marriage how do you know Hannah's maiden name is Ovenden?

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /