Author Topic: MAHOOD OF BAILLERBOROGH  (Read 2951 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MAHOOD OF BAILLERBOROGH
« on: Sunday 08 March 15 10:45 GMT (UK) »
John Mahood born [1776/85/96] Ballieborough Co. Cavan. He died 10.4.1847 Moculta South Australia.He married Catherine Wallace b.1786/1800 and she died 16.2.1870. Both buried Shannon mausoleum Moculta SA.
They had a son James Wallace Mahood born 1819/24 Baillieborough and died Warrnambool Victoria Australia.He married 16.9.1850.Gawler South Australia to Margaret Orrock.b.1831 and she died 1892 in Melbourne.
Another son William Mahood born 28.3.1822 and Baptised  in 1827.He died 1901 in nWestern Australia. He married 1861 in Saddleworth South Aust. to Jane Smith.b.1839.d.1905.
A third Son - Samuel Phanigan Mahood .b.1825.dc.1840.
Daughter Eliza[Ruth]Mahood.b.1829.d.1883.Moculta, who married Abraham Shannon.b.1820.Limavady.d.1875.Moculta.
Looking at making contact with connections to this Mahood family to formalise the dates and to expand on this information.

Cheers
Jack Gee
Australia
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline Les57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MAHOOD OF BAILLERBOROGH
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 March 15 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jack, Greetings from Bailieborough. I have passed your query on to Terry Mahood in California whose ancestors came from this area of County Cavan. I'm sure he will be in touch and share with you details I have forwarded recently to him about several Mahood families who once resided in East Cavan. Best regards, Les. www.bailiepublications.com   

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MAHOOD OF BAILLERBOROGH
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 March 15 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Les,
I thank you for your efforts and look forward to Terry's input.

Cheers from Downunder

Jack
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN