Author Topic: Honora KELLY  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Honora KELLY
« on: Monday 09 March 15 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

1867 my Great Grandfather Michael KILGALLON nominated his Sister-in-Law to come to Aust as a Assisted Migrant, she was [ Widowed]
I cant find the connection on how Honora [ Nora ] KELLY is to the family.
Michael Kilgallon born 1819 Sligo Town his wife Margaret McCANN/McCRAN born abt  1845 [ cant find her birth ] [ I think her parents were Hugh McCANN and Elizabeth GARRS.

Im hoping for help in finding what the connection is between Michael and Honora KELLY as I cant find a marriage of a Honor McCANN to a Kelly

Many thanks Yonks
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Honora KELLY
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 15 02:55 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought -
sometimes in-law was used as an alternative term for step children so did either one of Michael's parents remarry after the death of their partner making Honora his step sister?
Or maybe the relationship was stretched a little and she was actually the in-law of one of Michael's siblings.

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 March 15 03:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Crisane,
Yes Im too wondering if the connection...is a little like your saying..

Thats my whole problem I have very liittle on then I dont have full verification on Michaels parents or Margarets his wifes..or any siblings for them.

Thinking Michaels parents were John KILGALLON/KILGANNON and Catherine NEAILS and Margaret were Hugh McCANN and Elizabeth GARS.

Cheers
Yonks

Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 March 15 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Don't forget many RC churches then used Latin version of names....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.