Author Topic: James Grieve and John Grieve  (Read 5406 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: James Grieve and John Grieve
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 March 15 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Taurinya

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 March 15 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, ev, I tried your extended link on 2 computers and still got a blank screen when I clicked on the different sites. I was beginning to wonder if it was because I don't live in the UK (state military secrets!) then I tried on a friend's computor and it worked.
Thanks for your help.
Taurinya

Offline Derek Grieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 December 16 16:47 GMT (UK) »
I know it has been almost 2 years since you last posted. It looks like you are researching my family tree. As far as I can check out . . .Philip Grieve was born 2nd December 1803 to parents Alexander (29) and mother Ann (26), in Largo, Fife. Philip was baptised on the 2nd December 1803 in Largo. Philips Brother Robert was born on 1st October 1805. Sister ary was born 24th December 1807 in Largo. Philip Grieve married Janet Drummond on 12th August 1836 when he was 32 years old. They had a son called Alexander who was born 25th June 1838 in Largo (Alexander is my line) Then on te 18th July 1840 they had a daughter Janet 'Jessie' in Largo Fife. On the 6th June 1841 they were registered as living in 'Lundinmill, Largo' and his occupation was 'Linen HLW' (hand loom weaver). Then on the 10th January 1842 they had a daughter ANN, born in Largo (she died in 1913). His brother James died in 1842 when Philip was 39 years old. His daughter Helen was born on 16th January 1844 in Largo. The birth of another daughter Margaret on 15th September 1846.  Philips mother Ann died on the 23rd February 1847 in Largo at the age of 69. Philips father Alexander died on the 29th December 1847 in Largo aged 73. He then had a son called John on the 23rd November 1848. Then they had another son  called Philip on the 21st April 1851, in Largo, Fife. This was followed by another son called David, on the 23rd April 1854. This was followed by another son called James on the 21st May 1856 in Largo. ON THE 2ND APRIL 1871 THEY WERE REGISTERED AS LIVING IN 'VIEW BAY COTTAGE, LARGO, FIFE. He was recorded  as a Linen Weaver. His daughter Janet 'Jessie' died 1889 in Markinch, Fife at the age of 49. In January 1913 his daughter Ann died in Rugby, Warwickshire at the age of 71. Hope this is of interest.

What part of the Grieve family do you come from? Are we cousins? :) I have managed to push my family line back to about 1640 ish. But most has to be double checked.

Best regards

Derek

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 December 16 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Excuse my butting in here, but HLW means hand loom weaver, not high ...

Harry

Offline Derek Grieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 December 16 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Harry. (I'm still learning)  :-\